Japanese Lemon Pudding Cake with Green Tea
This unusual recipe is not difficult to make and it is really flavorful. In this recipe, green tea cake is topped with a creamy green tea pudding to result in a mouthwatering dessert, which offers an authentic Japanese flavor. The green tea and lemon pudding cake is baked and then left to cool down. After that, a creamy vanilla and green tea flavor pudding is spooned on top of it, so you get two different flavors and two textures, in one dessert.
This is a very fluffy pudding dessert and it is open to adaptation. You might like to forget the pudding layer and just make the cake base. You can serve it hot from the oven or chilled. If you are going to serve it chilled, you can make it in advance and keep it in the refrigerator for up to twelve hours, either with or without the pudding topping.
Green tea powder is easy to find at the grocery store and even if you are not a fan of tea, you might be surprised, because this is such a nice recipe. The green tea flavor is soft and mild. Green tea has a very different flavor than the black tea you might know. Try this pudding cake recipe – you will not be disappointed!
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups milk
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 ½ oz box vanilla instant pudding
- 2 teaspoons green tea powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the baking powder, salt and flour with half a cup of the sugar and half the green tea powder.
- Beat the egg yolks well, and then add the lemon rind and juice, 1 cup of the milk and the melted butter.
- Beat the mixture well with a spoon, then stir in the flour mixture until everything is smooth.
- Beat the egg whites until they are frothy, then gradually add the rest of the sugar and keep beating until the mixture is quite stiff.
- Fold it into the flour mixture.
- Divide it between 4 ramekins and put them in a bigger pan with some warm water in it.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the tops are firm.
- Let the desserts cool to room temperature.
- Combine the remaining green tea powder with the pudding mix.
- Add the rest of the milk and beat well.
- Top the baked puddings with this mixture and leave the desserts for about 5 minutes to set.
Green tea will give this green tea cake pudding a mint green hue but if you want to go for a really eye-catching shade of green, just add a couple of drops of green food coloring to the mixture for great results. In this recipe, green tea cake is combined with lemon and vanilla flavors for a dessert, which is rich, creamy, and great served chilled, or with the base hot and the topping cold. This might be an unusual dessert but it is one, which delights dinner guests, and it is light enough to serve after any type of entree. This fluffy dessert is not difficult to make and not even beginner cooks will find it overly challenging.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (48100 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32068 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18449 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17221 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13631 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10156 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9348 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9301 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (8869 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (7965 Views)