Strawberry Layer Cake Recipe with Fruit Jellies
Strawberries are one of the most popular dessert ingredients of all time. Perhaps you have made a strawberry shortcake cake or a homemade strawberry cake recipe before. There are all kinds of strawberry cake recipes to choose from, including strawberry torte cake, which has ground nuts instead of flour, and more. If you like strawberries, you can make this delicious strawberry cake recipe. Use either fresh or frozen strawberries because they are going to be mashed anyway.
You can make a couple of changes to the following strawberry layer cake recipe if you like. You might want to use a three layer cake, in which case you will need to double the amount of frosting. Also, you can decorate the cake however, you like. The fruit jellies are good but you could replace them with fresh strawberries if you prefer.
This is one of the easiest gelatin cake mix recipes to make and even if you only have frozen strawberries, this is still a deliciously fruity cake and everyone you give a piece to is sure to enjoy it. If you want to use a cake mix, rather than make a strawberry cake from scratch, this is a quick and easy strawberry cake that is suitable for even beginner cooks.
- 1 package white cake mix (2 layer size)
- ¼ cup water
- 4 beaten eggs
- ¾ cup mashed strawberries
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 oz package strawberry gelatin
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 package fruit jellies, to decorate
- 12 seedless green grapes, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the gelatin powder with the cake mix, then beat in the eggs, oil, half the mashed strawberries, and water.
- Divide the batter between a pair of 8 inch round greased, floured pans and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- This will take about 30 minutes. Cool the cake on a wire rack.
- Sift the powdered sugar through a fine sieve.
- Cream the salt, butter, vanilla, and salt to make the frosting, then add the powdered sugar gradually, beating the mixture well.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the milk and keep beating the frosting mixture.
- Add more milk until you have a good consistency for spreading.
- Frost the cake between each layer, up the sides and over the top.
- Use the rest of the mashed strawberries in the frosting when sandwiching the cake layers together.
- Decorate the cake with the fruit jellies and green grapes.
This light and tasty strawberry cake recipe is simple to make and it looks fun and colorful. If you want to make a fresh strawberry cake recipe, this one is really simple because you just use a cake mix, then make a simple frosting to sandwich everything together. The fruit jellies add a colorful touch and this gelatin cake recipe appeals to all ages. You can see how spoonfuls of mashed strawberry are used in the middle layer of frosting. It looks really good when you cut into the cake.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32445 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10606 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9035 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8537 Views)