Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf
What Makes this Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf So Wonderfully Unique?
There is nothing that makes the winter holidays as special as a freshly baked loaf of gingerbread, and you will find that few foods go down as nicely on a cold day. However, what makes gingerbread such a unique food? After all, there are a number of other breads and cakes that utilize similar spices to gingerbread. However, what makes it stand out from the rest?
The secret to the uniqueness of this recipe for gingerbread loaf is the ginger itself. The tang of the ginger makes for a perfect contrast to the rich taste of the bread. Spiced loaves of bread are always popular, but none have quite the unique flavor that combining ginger and bread do. You may find that the rich tang of the bread makes your mouth water just at the smell.
One of the Best Recipes for Gingerbread Loaf
Another secret to the success of the gingerbread is the molasses that many recipes call for. Molasses has a rich, sugary sweet taste to it that simply cannot be found in any other substance. The deep earthy flavor of molasses mixed with the tangy ginger makes for a perfect loaf. When the final touches of allspice, nutmeg, and a pinch of cinnamon are added to the recipe, it creates a nearly irresistible loaf of bread that makes your belly rumble even just smelling it coming out of the oven.
Do You Have Your Own Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf?
The Following Recipe Is A Simple One For A Basic Gingerbread Loaf.
A Little Slice of Heaven
Our Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf
Christmas time is here, and nothing says winter holidays like a nice slice of gingerbread. The simplicity of gingerbread makes it a popular one among many, and you may find that nothing is as comforting on a cold wintry day as a nice slice of gingerbread and warm milk. Whether you want to make gingerbread muffins, gingerbread toast, or a cute gingerbread house, you will find that the tasty, tangy bread never fails to impress.
The following recipe is a simple one for a basic gingerbread loaf. The tang of the ginger combines with the rich taste of flour and allspice to make a delicious loaf of bread that can be served with anything sweet. Whether you choose to top your little slice of heaven with honey, cream cheese and jam, or just to eat it alone, you will find that nothing can beat a slice of this freshly baked gingerbread.
Gingerbread can actually be used for a number of breakfast recipes, but most people find that a simple cream cheese and jam topping for their gingerbread toast is the perfect way to eat it. If you are looking for the best simple breakfast to make for your family during this holiday season, you may find that the following recipe makes your gingerbread just that much tastier.
- 6 oz. of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tbsp of ginger ground
- 1 tsp of allspice ground
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- To begin, set the oven to heat to 350 F. As the oven is heating, use a bit of butter to grease an oven tray thoroughly.
- Place a pan on the stove to heat, and add the butter to the pan as it gets hot.
- Melt the butter and stir in the syrup, milk, sugar, and butter. Let the mixture boil before quickly turning off the heat and setting it aside.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl, and stir well.
- Add the boiled butter mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix until combined thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the greased oven tray.
- Place the tray into the oven, and lower the temperature of the oven to 325 F.
- Let the gingerbread bake for an hour, and test to see if the top of the loaf is springy to indicate that it is cooked.
- Serve with butter or the topping of your choice.
As you can see, this simple recipe is very easy to follow, and it will give you the tastiest loaf of gingerbread that you could ever hope for. This steaming loaf of gingerbread is sure to be devoured in minutes, and you will find that your family clamors for more of this tangy, rich bread. Nothing says winter holidays like the taste of a fresh loaf of gingerbread.
“Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Glaze”
Step by Step Instructions for this “Christmas Gingerbread Dessert”
How to Make Gingerbread Loaf Like a Pro
The beauty of gingerbread is its simplicity, and you will find that gingerbread makes a much tastier loaf than many of the more complex recipes. Making gingerbread is actually fairly easy, but making it like a pro takes knowledge of the essential spices that are used.
Making the bread itself is the simple part, using flour, butter, sugar, milk, and baking soda. However, you need to melt the butter separately in a pan, and add the milk and sugar to it. In addition to the milk and sugar, you need to also add the molasses, golden syrup, and a dash of cream cheese to the butter to make the perfect flavoring.
Sifting the flour is the key to a light and fluffy loaf, but the spices are what make gingerbread such a tasty delight. The allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon that you add to the recipe will give it the rich, rounded taste that everyone has come to associate with gingerbread. Only once you have mixed in all the ingredients properly should you add the melted butter mixture.
Once the liquid has been added in, simply place the mixture into a greased oven tray, and slide it in the oven. 325 F is the best temperature for cooking gingerbread, and you will find that your loaf is done in about an hour.
Making gingerbread like a pro is actually a lot easier than you might expect, but it is important to complete all of these steps to ensure that your gingerbread loaf comes out perfect and ready to eat. Top your steaming gingerbread with a pat of butter, and get ready for heaven in your mouth.
Picture, recipe and/or content upgraded: 03-03-16
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32428 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18608 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17599 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13817 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10585 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9787 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9472 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9024 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8513 Views)