Slow Cooked Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
Did you know that it is possible not only to bake in the crockpot but also to learn how to make cakes in the crockpot which are moist, delicious, and amazing? The following recipe shows you just how easy it is to make slow cooker cakes and you just have to combine the ingredients and cook the mixture on high.
When you cook a cake in the crockpot, your kitchen does not get really hot like it does when you bake cakes in the oven, so this might be a nice recipe to use in the summer. Also, a crockpot uses about the same amount of power as a light bulb and an oven uses a lot more, so it is environmentally better too.
The following cake is an attractive yellow color and you will be able to see the poppy seeds in it. It is up to you whether you want to make the topping and serve it with whipped cream. You might want to forego the powdered sugar and whipped cream and just use the lemon mixture, then butter your slices of cake. That is your choice, so serve it how you like. This cake is wonderful served with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk. It is also nice with a dessert wine like Madeira or with a liqueur!
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- 6 oz unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cooking spray, as needed
- 3 oz white sugar
- 1 ½ oz lemon juice
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 1 package fresh raspberries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional
- Mix the cornmeal, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and flour together in a bowl.
- Beat the sugar with the butter with a mixer set at a high speed until it is smooth, and then beat the eggs into it.
- Add the lemon zest, vanilla, sour cream, and poppy seeds and beat again.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on a low speed.
- Line the crockpot bowl with a round piece of parchment paper.
- Use a 15 inch diameter piece and let the extra part come up the sides of the slow cooker.
- Pour the cake batter into the crockpot and cook it on high until it is set and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- You can expect this to take about 2 ½ hours.
- If you want to use a topping, mix the white sugar and lemon juice together and drizzle it over the lemon poppy seed cake, then put the cake on a rack for 15 minutes to cool.
- Dust it with the powdered sugar and serve it in slices with the whipped cream and raspberries.
Lemon poppy seed cake is a wonderful mixture of textures as well as flavors. The crunch of the poppy seeds is a nice contract with the fluffiness of the cake and the juicy raspberries and whipped cream make a nice garnish because they add moisture and creaminess to the dish. This wonderful recipe demonstrates how easy it is to make a cake in your slow cooker and it only takes two and a half hours in there, not all day like some crockpot recipes do. If you want to use your slow cooker for sweet treats as well as savory dishes, this lemon poppy seed cake recipe is highly recommended.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Home (26279 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (19603 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (12985 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (9342 Views)
- Fresh Strawberry Trifle Recipe with Red Wine (6039 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (5693 Views)
- Slow Cooked Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Recipe (5648 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (5635 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (5156 Views)
- Sweet Lemon Cupcake Recipe (4911 Views)