Easy Healthy Tiramisu Dessert Recipe
The words “easy” and “healthy” might not immediately spring to mind when you think of rich, creamy tiramisu and its cream, chocolate and coffee layers, but the following easy tiramisu dessert recipe might change your mind. It features some of the traditional tiramisu ingredients, namely ladyfinger cookies, coffee and whipped cream, but the use of chocolate and vanilla instant pudding mean you can use skim milk if you like and the whipped cream on top is optional. Use the two and three quarter ounce size pudding mixes. JELL-O ® Cook & Serve puddings come in fat free and sugar free chocolate and vanilla varieties, so either use those or use the regular ones.
You can make this easy healthy tiramisu dessert recipe up to a day ahead of serving and that actually allows the flavors to mingle better. Make ahead desserts are always handy, as long as you have the willpower not to touch them in the meantime, of course. These tiramisu desserts are a stylish way to finish off a dinner party.
A tablespoon of cognac gives this recipe for tiramisu dessert a sophisticated flavor and nobody tasting this fluffy dessert recipe would guess it was low fat. Of course, lowering the fat is purely optional and if you want to use full fat milk and top the tiramisu with lashings of whipped cream, go for it! Do not add the cocoa powder or whipped cream until just before serving.
- 1 ½ cups cooled brewed coffee
- 4 cups milk
- 1 chocolate pudding mix
- 1 vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 34 ladyfinger cookies
- Whipped cream, to serve (optional)
- Stir half the milk and the chocolate pudding mix together in a small pan over a moderate heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring it all the time, then let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Repeat with the other half of the milk and the vanilla pudding.
- Pour the coffee into a shallow bowl next to 6 dessert glasses.
- Alternatively, you can use an 8 inch pie dish.
- Dip each ladyfinger into the coffee, turning to coat both sides, then arrange them in the serving glasses or in one layer in the pie dish.
- Sprinkle half the cognac over them.
- Spread ⅔ of the cooled vanilla pudding on top of the ladyfinger cookies, and then add another layer of ladyfingers, which you have dipped in coffee.
- Sprinkle the remaining cognac on top, and then add the chocolate pudding and the rest of the vanilla pudding.
- Put plastic wrap over the top of the serving glasses or pie dish and refrigerate for 3 hours or until well chilled and set.
- Dust the tiramisu desserts with cocoa powder and serve them with whipped cream if you like.
If you did not think it was possible to make an easy healthy tiramisu dessert recipe, you will love this recipe. Make it with skim or half fat milk, instead of regular milk, and you are already trimming the fat without losing flavor. The cognac, coffee, and ladyfinger cookies add traditional elements to this famous Italian dessert recipe and you will find this recipe for tiramisu dessert really simple. It needs to chill for at least three hours so make it in plenty of time. Tiramisu desserts are always well received, whether you are feeding a hungry family or dinner guests.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17612 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)