Old-Time Popcorn Balls Recipe
Are you looking for a quick and easy snack recipe that you can make for the kids on movie or game night? Try my delicious old-time popcorn balls recipe today! Watch my easy to follow recipe video that I have posted below for step-by-step directions on how to make this wonderful snack in your home today!
Old-Time Popcorn Balls
Everyone remembers old time popcorn balls. They are so easy to make and kids love them. These little balls of gooey goodness are excellent after school treats. You can even mold these old time popcorn balls around Popsicle sticks to make popcorn balls on a stick.
Another great treat to do with these old time popcorn balls is once formed roll in chocolate or caramel shavings. You can roll in crushed nuts too. There are so many ways to make these easy old -time popcorn balls to make them unique and special.
Kids love to help make these too so let them get in on the fun. They’ll have loads of fun helping to make these. These make great party treats when served on a platter at kid’s parties too. Or slip one in a zip lock baggie for easy Halloween treats for the ghosts and goblins as they come to your door.
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Put the molasses, sugar, water, vinegar and butter in a heavy pan.
- Cook without stirring over a medium heat until the mixture reaches 235 degrees F on a candy thermometer (soft-ball stage).
- Add the baking soda and stir well.
- Remove from the heat and immediately pour over the popcorn in a big bowl, stirring gently with a wooden spoon until well coated.
- When cool enough to handle, quickly shape into 3-inch balls, dipping your hands in cool water first to prevent the syrup from sticking.
Photo Credit: Balls. by Brian Omura, on Flickr
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32436 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18610 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17603 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13824 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10594 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9795 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9474 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9027 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8523 Views)