All Natural Fruit Yogurt with Cream and Jelly
This is an all-natural fruit yogurt dessert. Parfait recipes are traditionally made with layered fruit and ice cream but in this parfait recipe the yogurt replaces the ice cream. Natural yogurt goes well with the fruit flavored gelatin because the sharpness of the yogurt flavor complements the sweetness of the gelatin. The chocolate sprinkles on top give a nice finishing touch to this gelatin and yogurt parfait.
You can vary the gelatin flavors, using pretty much any gelatin flavors you want, or you can add different fruit. You can even use a flavored yogurt if you prefer. This is a very easy gelatin recipe to make and you can add your own individual touch to it. What about using sugar-free gelatin to make it extra healthy, or using another kind of yogurt instead of all-natural fruit yogurt?
If you want to serve this gelatin and yogurt parfait for breakfast, you could even swap the chocolate sprinkles for a tablespoon or two of granola, or your favorite cereal. If it is for dessert, then you can add ice cream syrup, marshmallows, nuts or anything else you fancy. You can get really creative with this gelatin and yogurt parfait recipe.
- 1 pack cherry gelatin
- 1 pack pineapple gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 3 cups natural yogurt
- 1 cup thawed raspberries
- Chocolate sprinkles, for garnish
- Make up the cherry gelatin and pineapple gelatin as directed on the packaging and leave in the refrigerator to set.
- Stir the raspberries into the cherry gelatin when it is partially set.
- When the gelatin is set, use a knife to roughly chop it.
- Arrange layers of yogurt and gelatin in 4 tall glasses.
- Finish with a layer of chocolate sprinkles on top.
This is one of the most versatile desserts you can make, because you can choose the gelatin flavors and you can also choose the yogurt flavor. For a simple result, use all-natural fruit yogurt or plain yogurt, and two contrasting gelatin flavors. This makes an unusual breakfast recipe or a very tasty dessert. If you want to make sure you are getting enough calcium, serve this tasty gelatin and yogurt parfait after dinner. The kids will love it and so will the grownups. You can make this gelatin and yogurt parfait several hours ahead if that is easier.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32441 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13827 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10603 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8534 Views)