Cream Cheese Strawberry Pie
This delicious cream cheese strawberry pie is made with vanilla ice cream as well as cream cheese, for an extra creamy filling. It is best to use fresh strawberries in this recipe but you could use canned or thawed strawberries if you wanted to. Use some of the syrup from the drained can instead of some of the boiling water if you like. If you want the pie to set quicker, reduce the amount of boiling water to one cup. If you are going to chill it for three or four hours, use a cup and a half. If you plan to chill it for longer, perhaps overnight, use a cup and two thirds of water. These amounts are up to you. Obviously using less water will give you a stronger lemon and vanilla flavor.
You can use this recipe for any fruit. If you have apples, blackberries, peaches or something else to use up, use whichever fruit you have in place of the strawberries. You can also use different flavors of gelatin. For a sweeter finish, leave out the cream cheese and use two cups (one pint) of vanilla ice cream instead. The cream adds a nice tart flavor to the strawberry pie though, which a lot of people prefer.
If you want to make a meringue topping for this strawberry cream cheese pie, beat a couple of egg whites with a quarter cup of sugar until you get stiff peaks. Spread this mixture over the strawberry cream pie and broil it for a few minutes until it is very lightly browned. Then let it cool in the refrigerator. You can do this with all different gelatin recipes actually. Heat melts gelatin so be careful when you do this but a couple of minutes is long enough to crisp the meringue so it should not affect the gelatin layer too much.
- 3 oz package lemon gelatin
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 ¼ cups boiling water
- 1 readymade 9 inch pastry shell
- Dissolve the lemon gelatin in the boiling water, and then add the cream cheese and ice cream, stirring until everything has melted.
- Chill this mixture for about 20 minutes, until it is thick but not set.
- Pour the lemon gelatin mixture into the pastry shell and chill it for 20 minutes.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries on top and serve with whipped cream.
This rich flavored, creamy pie goes well with a hot cup of coffee. The crumbly crust, creamy vanilla layer, and fruity strawberry topping are all delicious and the layers go perfectly together. This strawberry cream cheese pie makes a great dessert and it is simple to make. You can use extra strawberries if you like and stir them into the gelatin layer, as well as using them for a delicious and attractive topping. This is a deep dish style strawberry cream pie so you probably will not need a huge slice! Serve this cream cheese strawberry pie well chilled for the best consistency.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32444 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9035 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8537 Views)