Easy Strawberry Cake Recipe
These delicious strawberry cake squares are light, fluffy, and delicious. The cake is topped with fresh strawberries and lemon pudding, then a layer of strawberry gelatin covers the top. It is fine to let the gelatin and creamy layers mix together. This is how you get the nice pink topping. This strawberry gelatin cake is great for dessert, for a buffet table or for a snack anytime.
Strawberry gelatin and cake recipes go together really nicely and you can use fresh strawberries to make a fresh strawberry cake recipe or strawberry gelatin for a gelatin topping. Strawberry gelatin is versatile and you can make a gelatin poke cake by poking holes into a cake and pouring the gelatin over the top or just use the gelatin to top the cake.
This recipe for strawberry gelatin cake also features lemon pudding, which is combined with milk and cream for a delicious topping, which mixes with the strawberry gelatin. Lemon and strawberry are two flavors that are great together and if you want to make a tangy, fruity and supremely delicious strawberry gelatin cake recipe, this is one of the easiest and very best strawberry cake recipes to follow.
- 1 package white cake mix (2 layer size)
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 ½ cups cold milk
- ? pint fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package lemon instant pudding
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the cake, following the directions on the package, then pour the batter into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake the cake for 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan.
- Dissolve the strawberry gelatin in the boiling water.
- Arrange the strawberries on top of the cake.
- Beat the pudding mix with the milk and stir in the whipped cream.
- Add half the strawberry gelatin to this mixture and pour it over the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes, then spoon the rest of the strawberry gelatin over the top and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut the strawberry cake into squares or bars to serve.
These cute pink, red, and white strawberry cake slices are definitely going to taste as good as they look. This is such a simple recipe to make and adults will love these as much as kids do. If you enjoy recipes such as strawberry shortcake cake, gelatin flag cake and gelatin angel food cake, you will really enjoy this simple yet mouthwatering strawberry gelatin cake recipe. You can tell from the photo how the gelatin top layer and the creamy lemon layer merge together a bit and it gives a cake a nice-looking finish so spoon the thickened gelatin over the top before the creamy layer is set to get the same result.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32436 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18610 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17606 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13824 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10596 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9798 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9475 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9027 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8523 Views)