Fruits and More Cake
A gelatin mold that has fruit inside of it is a delicious treat and for something a bit different, try this cake with gelatin and fruit layers on the outside. This is a fun new trend going on with gelatin, designed to hit all the right spots. The fresh fruit is a great way to get children to eat their fruits and gelatin treat. All the family will find it scrumptious and tasty throughout each bite.
Cut the fruit slices thin so they will lie across the sides of the gelatin mold. By putting freshly sliced apples, whole strawberries, red grapes, kiwi slices, mango slices and a chocolate leaf shape around the outside, you are giving this fruit cake a fun new twist. The chocolate leaves create a fun and elegant look that will be both a tasty treat and a beautiful design. Eat the chocolate pieces separately or enjoy them along with the fruit. If you are dealing with those who do not like certain fruits or prefer green grapes instead of red, change the recipe to use green grapes and banana pieces. Be original and have fun with this dessert.
A cheerful pretty dessert gives friends and family a treat to remember. Take this dessert to your next potluck or bake sale. It will give you something to create that many may have never seen before as well as give you a chance to be different and bring in fresh, healthy snacks. Use any type of gelatin flavor you like and remember that no matter what, it is all about the joy of creating a delicious centerpiece that everyone will appreciate.
- Chocolate layer cake, already baked
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries
- 2 large cans sliced peaches, drained
- 6 Kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound red seedless grapes
- White and dark chocolate formed into shapes
- 1 pack lemon gelatin (3-ounce)
- ½ cup boiling hot water
- ¼ cup very cold water
- Mix the gelatin and hot water in a small glass mixing bowl. Stir until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Stir in the cold water until blended.
- Put in the refrigerator to chill.
- You will use it again when it is partially set.
- Wash the strawberries and slice in half lengthwise.
- Wash and peel the Kiwis and slice thinly (refer to picture).
- Wash and remove the stems from the grapes.
- Put the fruits in a covered dish and place them in the refrigerator until needed.
- When the gelatin has set enough to be almost firm but still pliable, remove it from the refrigerator.
- Put the cake on a flat surface. A handy tip is to cut a piece of cardboard and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Use a small rubber spatula to put a layer of gelatin on the top and sides of the cake.
- Layer the fruit as shown in the picture, working from the bottom up.
- You can dip each piece of fruit in the gelatin mixture if it needs help remaining in place.
- Scatter the grapes around the top.
- Put the cake in the refrigerator for at least three hours, giving the gelatin time to set completely.
- Take the cake out and add the chocolate design to the top (refer to picture).
- The cake is ready to enjoy.
- Keep refrigerated until you serve it.
Friends will think you worked for hours to create this beautiful cake decorated with brightly colored fruits. Served on a pleasant flower shaped plate, it is a perfect centerpiece on the table. With strawberries, kiwi, grapes, peaches, and chocolate designed as leaves, this dessert is the perfect treat for any occasion. Whether intended to be the center of attention or just a fun dessert, this elegant treat will produce a big smile on everyone’s face. Chocolate formed into the shape of petals flowing from the top offers a fun and happy look. It is an outstanding decoration and delicious snack.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49941 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32447 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10607 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9035 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8537 Views)