Gelatin Jiggler Strawberry Cake Recipe
These little strawberry cakes are made of gelatin rather than cake ingredients but they make wonderful desserts and they are so simple to put together. You can use any gelatin flavors you want but grape and strawberry taste good together and you get an attractive deep red colored gelatin from combining these flavors. The gelatin is combined with water and cherry coke but you could just use water if you like. The cherry coke does add to the rich flavor though.
These strawberry cakes are topped with whipped cream and a fresh strawberry. This is a wonderful dessert and both adults and kids love these treats. For a healthier version, you could use sugar free gelatin and diet coke instead of regular gelatin and cherry coke. Switch the whipped cream for yogurt and you have a healthy and delicious snack or dessert recipe.
If you do not want to make a traditionally fluffy strawberry cake recipe or a strawberry shortcake cake recipe, what about making these berry-flavored jigglers? This is one of the most easy gelatin recipes of all to make and they are guaranteed to come out fine and taste delicious.
- 1 package grape gelatin
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup cherry coke
- 1 cup boiling water
- 10 fresh strawberries
- ½ pint whipped cream
- Dissolve the grape gelatin and strawberry gelatin in the boiling water, and then stir in the cherry coke.
- Pour the mixture into a rectangular or square dish and refrigerate it for 2 hours or until the gelatin is set.
- Cut the gelatin into squares and decorate each one with a dollop of whipped cream and a strawberry.
These delicious little gelatin jiggler strawberry cakes are as good at a buffet as they are at a birthday party. The saying “there’s always room for gelatin” might have been coined with such a dessert in mind. If you want something light, refreshing, and juicy, these strawberry gelatin cakes are ideal. A strawberry layer cake or strawberry angel food cake might be nice for some occasions but if it is a light morsel you want, these jiggling gelatin cakes are perfect. Not only do they look cute but also they are also simple to make and you can keep them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17612 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10601 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)