Orange Gelatin Yogurt Crunch Pie
This gelatin yogurt pie features yogurt, oranges, gelatin, butter, coconut and cereal flakes. This is a gelatin light pie recipe, which needs to be baked and then cooled. The gelatin pie is served in a pie shell, made from the coconut, butter, and cereal.
The orange and coconut flavors go together well and the yogurt keeps the filling creamy and smooth. With a lot of gelatin recipes, gelatin molds are used but making the gelatin in a pie shell is a good look for this type of dessert. This is a healthy gelatin recipe and you can use a different flavor of gelatin and a different type of canned fruit if you prefer.
A lot of gelatin recipes are smooth and soft but the crunch factor in the following orange gelatin crunch pie makes it extra special and deliciously different from the rest. Use your favorite cereal to make it extra flavorful.
- 2 cups cornflakes, Golden Grahams or similar, slightly crushed
- 1 pack orange gelatin
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 10 oz can mandarin orange segments
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 1 ¼ cups boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the coconut, cereal and butter, then press this mixture on to the sides and base of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake it for 10 to 12 minutes or until it is lightly browned.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water and stir in the yogurt.
- Let this mixture chill for an hour or until it has thickened up a bit.
- Beat the gelatin until it is fluffy.
- Drain the orange segments and arrange them on the pie shell, keeping a few for garnish.
- Pour the yogurt mixture on to the pie shell and chill it until it sets.
- Garnish with the reserved orange segments.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13829 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10610 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8542 Views)