Orange Mousse Cake with Grand Marnier
This delicious cake is light, fluffy and topped with orange slices and cream. The oranges are marinated in Grand Marnier to give them a gourmet taste. You could use another kind of orange liqueur if you prefer. This is a nice looking cake, as well as a very tasty one and the citrus flavor goes very well with the other flavors in this fluffy gelatin dessert recipe. Because of the Grand Marnier marinated orange slices and the magnificent taste of this gelatin dessert recipe, you can serve it at a dinner party or another formal event.
The orange gelatin gives the topping a good consistency, as well as adding to its orange flavor, although you might like to use a different kind of gelatin for contrast – perhaps strawberry, raspberry or even lime gelatin. This will affect the color of the topping but it will add another flavor dimension to the orange mousse cake.
Perhaps you are new to making gelatin recipes or maybe you have made a chocolate mousse cake recipe before. Whichever is the case, you will find this orange mousse cake simple to prepare and you will love the results. If you want, you could make the cake in a nine inch cake pan, rather than in individual muffin or cake cases.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 oz package orange gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 2 pints whipping cream
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 peeled oranges, each one cut horizontally into 6 slices
- 1 cup boiling water
- Separate the egg yolks and whites.
- Beat the sugar with the egg yolks until pale and fluffy, and then mix in the vanilla extract.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Beat the lemon juice and egg whites until you get soft peaks, then add the egg yolk mixture and stir gently.
- Sift the corn starch and cake flour into this mixture and then divide the mixture between 12 greased holes of a cake or muffin tin.
- Pour the Grand Marnier over the orange segments and leave them to marinate.
- Bake the cakes for about half an hour or until they are done.
- Let them cool.
- Dissolve the sugar and gelatin in the hot water, and then stir in the cold water.
- Chill this mixture until it is thick. Whip the cream and add half to the gelatin mixture.
- Spoon this over the cakes. Serve each one with an orange segment and the remaining cream.
This brightly colored orange mousse cake makes a change from chocolate mousse cake but, if you want to add some chocolate flavor to it, simply melt some semisweet chocolate chips and drizzle them in each hole of the cake pan. Then you will get the same crisscross effect that you can see in the photo. This fluffy gelatin dessert is nice after any kind of entree and also makes a tasty mid-afternoon snack, partnered with a cup of coffee or tea. These cakes are best eaten the day you make them, so that the orange slices do not dry out.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32452 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18617 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17626 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13832 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10612 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9816 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8546 Views)