Recipe for Strawberry Cake with a Gelatin Topping
This strawberry tart is very simple to make. You can make a pastry case if you like, or simply use a store-bought one. It is important to use ripe berries for this gelatin cake recipe. Choose big, juicy, fully ripe strawberries to make this strawberry gelatin cake perfect. The strawberry gelatin mixture on this cake will set and enclose the cake, making it firm yet soft and juicy. Gelatin gives cakes such a wonderful texture.
This strawberry tart recipe is a bit like gelatin poke cake. Although you paint the tart shell with a thick gelatin mixture before adding to filling to waterproof it, some of the gelatin will soak through the sponge-like shell and color it red. It looks appetizing if some of the gelatin runs over the outside lip too because things like that are what differentiates store-bought strawberry cake from homemade strawberry gelatin cake recipes. Every homemade strawberry gelatin cake looks slightly different and that is a good thing.
This easy gelatin flavor cake recipe is made by filling a pastry shell with whipped cream, fresh berries and a kirsch or Frangelico enriched strawberry gelatin mixture. Kirsch is cherry liqueur and Frangelico is hazelnut liqueur. You can omit this ingredient if you are making this strawberry gelatin cake for kids.
- 1 baked tart shell, 10 inches across
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons kirsch or Frangelico (optional)
- 1 ¼ cups whipped cream
- 1 pint ripe strawberries
- ½ pint mixed berries (maybe cherries and redcurrants)
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- Boil the sugar and kirsch or Frangelico, and then add the gelatin and ¼ cup boiling water.
- Mix well.
- Paint the inside of the tart shell with this glaze to waterproof it and let it set for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the boiling water to the gelatin mixture and stir it well.
- Stir in the cold water.
- Spread a layer of whipped cream inside the tart shell, and then arrange the strawberries and other berries over the top.
- Wait until the gelatin mixture is thick, and then pour it over the top of the strawberry tart.
- Do not worry if it goes over the edges or soaks through the cake.
- Refrigerate the strawberry tart for 3 hours, and then serve it in slices.
This delicious looking strawberry cake is much easier to make than you might think. There is no baking involved. You simply fill a tart with cream, berries, and gelatin and let it set. If you are looking for an easy recipe for gelatin cake, recipes do not get much easier than this one. The juicy berries and gelatin layer sit on top of a whipped cream layer and the sponge soaks up all the delicious gelatin. This fresh strawberry cake recipe makes a wonderful centerpieces and you can serve the slices with whipped cream, custard or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)