Southern Strawberry Cake Recipe
This simple strawberry cake is made in three layers. First, you have a crunchy vanilla wafer crust, and then there is a creamy filling with fresh strawberries. Finally, strawberry gelatin is used to top the cake and it is decorated with fresh strawberry halves and melted chocolate. You can use white chocolate or milk chocolate, depending which you prefer. Both look good on top of this strawberry cake.
This strawberry gelatin cake is simple to make and it is a no bake gelatin cake recipe, which means you can make it in the warm months when fresh strawberries are on sale and when you do not want to sweat over a hot stove or oven. This is a light, refreshing, and tasty southern strawberry cake, which everyone in the family is sure to love.
A lot of people ask, “how do I make gelatin cake” and the answer is that it is so easy. There are different types of gelatin cake though. There are gelatin poke cake recipes, where the gelatin is poured all over the cake, and there are gelatin-topped cakes, like the following strawberry cake recipe, where a gelatin layer is the topping. Strawberry is one of the best gelatin flavors for making gelatin cake recipes.
- 2 ½ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 10 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 14 strawberries
- 3 oz melted chocolate chips
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 oz package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Combine the vanilla wafer crumbs with the melted butter and white sugar, and then press this mixture into an ungreased 13 x 9 inch dish.
- Chill it for 15 minutes, then cut 10 of the strawberries into quarters and arrange them on the crust.
- Stir the gelatin powder into the boiling water until it dissolves, then leave it to thicken. Beat the powdered sugar into the cream cheese, then whisk in the whipped cream.
- Spoon this mixture over the crust and strawberries.
- Chill the cake in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Cut the remaining strawberries in half, and then arrange these on top of the cake.
- Pour the thickened gelatin over the top.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate chips over the top of the cake and refrigerate it for 3 hours or until the gelatin topping is set.
This attractive strawberry gelatin cake recipe is easy to make and the fresh strawberries make it look really appealing. Leave the green top on the strawberry decoration for a splash of color. The chocolate is used mainly for decoration, rather than to give flavor. This is an elegant looking dessert and would not be out of place at a garden party or dinner party. Kids and adults love strawberry gelatin cake recipes and you will love the fact that this strawberry cake looks so exquisite but is so easy to put together.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32438 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18610 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17606 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13824 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10597 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9798 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9475 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9027 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8523 Views)