Strawberry Layer Cake with Fresh Raspberries
This is a really special looking raspberry and strawberry gelatin cake recipe and you can see all the different layers when you cut into the cake. This is a charlotte cake, which means the outside is made with sponge fingers. It is easiest to make this strawberry cake recipe in a spring form pan, which is a pan with a removable base. If you do not have one, you can line a normal pan with aluminum foil, letting the foil hang over the rim. Put a cake board inside the lined pan. To unmold the cake, just grip the foil and lift the cake out of the tin.
The creamy layer in this delicious strawberry cake is made with mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, vanilla and a touch of marsala wine. You can use Baileys or Amarula Cream liqueur instead of marsala wine, if you like. It is best to use fresh berries in this raspberry cake recipe just because they look better and taste nicer but if you cannot get them, use thawed berries instead. Just make sure you drain them well.
This delicious recipe for strawberry and raspberry cake is ideal for valentine’s day, for a birthday celebration or for any kind of get-together or buffet. Each slice is full of creamy richness and tangy fruitiness and all the textures work well together too.
- 2 ⅔ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 24 sponge fingers
- ½ lb mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 8 strawberries, to garnish
- Combine the wafer crumbs, white sugar, and melted butter and use half this mixture to line the base of a 7 inch spring form pan.
- Line the outside with sponge fingers.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the mascarpone, marsala wine, milk, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar.
- Whip the whipping cream into soft peaks with an electric mixer, and then fold it into the mascarpone mixture.
- Spoon ⅓ of this mixture over the crust and partway up the sides of the cake and chill it for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dissolve half the gelatin in half the boiling water and leave it to thicken.
- Pour the gelatin into the strawberry cake and chill it for an hour or until it sets.
- Spoon another ? of the mascarpone mixture over the set gelatin, then press the rest of the vanilla wafer crust mixture over the top of that.
- Spoon the remaining mascarpone mixture over the top.
- Mix the rest of the gelatin with the rest of the boiling water.
- Arrange the raspberries over the top of the cake and spoon the thickened gelatin over the top. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until the gelatin topping is set.
- Carefully remove the raspberry and strawberry gelatin cake from the spring form pan and cut into 8 slices to serve. Garnish each plate with a strawberry.
This raspberry-topped strawberry gelatin cake recipe is not too difficult to make and it is guaranteed to taste really amazing. It looks quite complicated because of the different layers involved but this cake is easy to make, as long as you follow the recipe. This delicious gelatin cake is perfect in the spring or summer, when you want something chilled, creamy and not too heavy, but there is nothing to say you cannot make this cake in the fall or winter if you fancy it. This raspberry and fresh strawberry cake recipe is really special and is attractive enough to serve at a garden party or dinner party.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32452 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18617 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17626 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13832 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10612 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9816 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8546 Views)