Strawberry Mousse and Orange Gelatin Dessert
The triple sec in this strawberry mousse and orange gelatin dessert recipe goes beautifully with both the strawberry and orange flavors. Leaving the strawberries to marinate in the triple sec means they really suck up plenty of that wonderful orange flavor. This is quite a simple gelatin recipe to make and it is rich and creamy without being too heavy. The colors in this gelatin dessert contrast as nicely as the flavors do.
This is a simple recipe, in that it does not require many different ingredients, but the end flavor of this strawberry mousse and orange gelatin dessert is amazing. The tangy orange, the fresh strawberries, the triple sec, and the cream all blend wonderfully, and you can serve this exquisite orange gelatin dessert at a dinner party, buffet or simply to thrill your family at dinner.
Strawberries are acidic and will separate the cream eventually, so this mousse gelatin recipe is best eaten the same day it is made or one day later at most. You can garnish these cute little desserts with a strawberry half and an orange slice if you like, else just serve them as they are. This is a stunning looking dessert, even if you do not add a garnish.
- 3 packages unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 package orange gelatin
- Put the gelatin in a small container and cover it with ice water. Stir once then leave it to soak.
- Put the strawberries, liqueur and sugar in a small pan and stir them, letting the strawberries marinate for half an hour.
- Heat the mixture. When it starts to simmer, mash the strawberries and strain them into a mixing bowl. Drain the water from the gelatin and add the gelatin to the hot strawberry mixture. Stir well and let it cool to room temperature.
- Make up the orange gelatin following the instructions on the pack and leave it in the refrigerator until it is semi-set.
- Whip the heavy cream to medium peaks and fold ½ cup of it into the strawberry mixture. Fold in another ½ cup of the cream and stir well. Divide the mousse between 5 dessert glasses.
- Pour the partially set gelatin over the top of the mousse and put the five desserts in the refrigerator to set.
- Decorate each one with the rest of the whipped cream just before serving.
Serve this wonderful strawberry mousse and orange gelatin dessert in lowball glasses, so you can see the three wonderful layers. Dig deep, through the fluffy cream, through the tangy orange gelatin, and you will come to the rich, fruity mousse layer. This really is an amazing looking dessert and these fruity gelatin mousse cups taste every bit as great as they look. If you want to make desserts, which everyone will remember, try this delicious strawberry mousse and orange gelatin dessert recipe and you simply cannot go wrong.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13831 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10612 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8544 Views)