Tangy Tangerine Pie Recipe
This mouthwatering tangerine pie is made with orange gelatin, Cool Whip, cream cheese and tangerines. The crust is homemade and it contains graham cracker crumbs and butter. This tangerine pie recipe is easy to make and if you like the tangy citrus flavor of tangerines, you are really going to like it.
The orange gelatin and tangerine used to make the filling gives this gelatin pie its appetizing orange color and the topping is simple yet very effective. This is an elegant gelatin pie recipe and it would be great at a dinner party or garden party, as well as a tasty dessert for your family. Gelatin recipes like this are versatile and they suit lots of different occasions.
This tangerine pie recipe is especially good in spring or summer because that is when the weather is a bit warmer and when light, refreshing desserts taste extra special and go nicely after the light meals you might be making at that time of year. However, it is too tasty to limit it to just a certain time of the year, so this tangerine pie is great for any time you fancy a delicious slice of heaven on a plate.
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ stick melted butter
- 4 oz softened cream cheese, chopped into cubes
- ¼ cup orangeade
- 8 ice cubes
- 3 oz package orange gelatin
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- 3 cups Cool Whip
- 2 tangerines
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 1 ¼ cups of the cracker crumbs with the sugar and butter and press the mixture on to the sides and base of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake the crust for about 8 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Let it cool.
- Peel 1 tangerine and remove as much white pith as you can, along with any seeds.
- Put it in the blender with the cream cheese and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add half the Cool Whip, blend again for a few seconds, and then transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Stir the gelatin powder into the boiling water until it dissolves, then add ice to the orangeade until you have half a cup.
- Add this to the gelatin and stir well, until it thickens.
- Discard any ice, which has not melted.
- Add the tangerine and cream cheese mixture and whisk well.
- Refrigerate it for 20 minutes or until it is very thick but not set.
- Spread it over the cooled pie crust.
- Refrigerate the tangerine pie for 3 hours.
- Use the rest of the Cool Whip to decorate the tangerine pie and sprinkle the remaining graham cracker crumbs over the Cool Whip.
- Cut the other tangerine into 8 wedges.
- Cut the pie into 8 slices and decorate each slice with a tangerine wedge.
This is one of our most appetizing and appealing gelatin recipes. Just look at the rich orange color in the photo. If you like tangerines, you are going to adore this tasty tangerine pie recipe. Not only is this pie simple to make but it is also easy to decorate. A bit of Cool Whip, some cracker crumbs and some slices of fresh tangerine transform this plain-looking pie into something really elegant and mouthwatering. This tangerine pie is made with orange gelatin, orangeade, and fresh tangerines and it has a sweet, juicy flavor. Enjoy a slice with a cup of tea or coffee and you will be so pleased you chose to make it.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32441 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13827 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8534 Views)