Tips on How to Make Layered Gelatin
The easiest way to make layered gelatin is to use various contrasting gelatin flavors and colors and make each layer once the previous layer has set. The layered gelatin must be set before you pour on another layer. If you are not sure whether or not it has set, give it another half an hour. One layer leaking into the next will ruin the whole look, so take care when making this layered gelatin dessert or other layered gelatin recipes. You do not want four perfect layers, then a fifth layer leaking through into the fourth one!
The following layered gelatin dessert recipe has five layers of gelatin and includes cream so the layers are opaque rather than transparent. You can cut the finished gelatin into layered gelatin bars or circles. Maybe you have made strawberry whip cream gelatin dessert before but with this recipe for layered gelatin, and some other gelatin recipes, you can be as creative with the flavors as you like.
Learning to make layered gelatin is great because you can make this complicated-looking dessert, knowing that the process is actually really simple. How could anyone not be impressed with this wonderful recipe for layered gelatin? Kids especially find layered gelatin bars really magical and you can get creative with gelatin colors and flavors.
- 1 small package strawberry gelatin
- 1 small package blackcurrant gelatin
- 1 small package pineapple gelatin
- 1 small package orange gelatin
- 1 small package lime gelatin
- 3 ¾ cups hot water
- 1 ¼ cups cold water
- 1 ¼ cups whipping cream
- Add ¾ cup hot water to the lime gelatin, and then stir in ¼ cup of cold water and ¼ cup of the whipping cream.
- Pour the mixture into a 13 x 9 inch gelatin mold and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the gelatin has set.
- Make up the orange gelatin in the same way and pour the mixture on to the set lime gelatin.
- Refrigerate until chilled, and then repeat the process with the pineapple, blackcurrant, and strawberry gelatin mixtures until you have a five-layer gelatin dessert, which is set.
- Unmold on to a serving plate and cut into squares to serve.
The whipping cream in this layered gelatin recipe makes the gelatin layers opaque instead of clear. These layered gelatin bars are full of flavor – five fruity flavors to be exact – and if you use sugar free gelatin, it will have hardly any calories in it either. For a firmer layered gelatin, only use half as much cold water as the recipe tells you. This means you can eat it with your fingers instead of serving it with forks or spoons. If you want to make layered gelatin, try this simple gelatin recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)