Perfectly Patriotic July 4th Trifle Recipe
If you are looking for something which is sweet, flavorful and perfect for a July 4th party, what about this tempting July 4th trifle recipe? The fresh fruit offers a delicious tanginess and the white chocolate pudding layer replaces the traditional custard layer. The lemon gelatin gives the dessert a nice texture and a contrasting fruity flavor. The whipped cream and fresh mint leaf topping is original and finishes off this unusual trifle recipe in style. This is quite a healthy recipe because of its high fruit content.
This is quite a straightforward recipe and you just need to make the trifle in three easy layers. First, you have a layer of blueberries with lemon gelatin. You could use a different flavor of gelatin for this layer if you wanted to, such as Berry Blue, which would fortify the blueberry flavor and give the dish a stronger blue color. The next layer is white chocolate instant pudding, which is incredible easy to make and tastes excellent. The top layer is a layer of fresh raspberries. Fresh berries are in season in the summer, making this an ideal trifle recipe to make for your July 4th party.
You can make this gelatin trifle recipe ahead if you want to and that might be a tempting through, if you have to make other various recipes for your July 4th party as well. Serve individual portions with a big ladle. This gelatin trifle makes a great centerpiece if you are having a buffet for July 4th. If you would prefer to make this in individual glasses, that will not be a problem either. Just make sure you have ten matching ones.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package white chocolate flavor instant pudding
- 1 package lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 4 oz thawed whipped topping
- 1 sprig fresh mint, for garnish
- Put the blueberries in a big glass serving bowl.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water and stir in the cold water.
- Pour this mixture over the blueberries and leave the trifle in the refrigerator until the gelatin has set.
- Beat the white chocolate pudding with the milk and let it sit for a couple of minutes, then spoon it over the blueberry layer.
- Arrange the raspberries on top, and then garnish the trifle with the whipped topping and fresh mint.
This photo shows you how colorful and appetizing this July 4th trifle recipe is. If you enjoy fresh berries and the sound of the white chocolate pudding between the fruity layers appeals to you, why not make this easy July 4th trifle recipe to impress your family and friends? The ingredients are easy to find and the preparation is so simple. The garnish is simply some whipped cream and a sprig of fresh mint, although you could replace the mint with chocolate sprinkles if you prefer. This has to be one of the easiest trifle recipes of all time and you will love the contrasting tastes and textures.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32435 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18609 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17601 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13823 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10591 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9793 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9474 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9027 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8522 Views)