The Best Fourth of July Gelatin Recipes
If you are looking for fourth of July gelatin recipes, this blue, white and red striped gelatin dessert recipe is very good. A lot of gelatin recipes make use of different colored layers like this one does. You can either make this gelatin in a glass container with high sides or in a gelatin mold to tip out.
If you are using a gelatin mold, you need to make the blue layer first and the red layer last, rather than the other way around, because it will be upside down. This is a very tasty gelatin dessert with a fruity top and bottom layer and a creamy middle layer.
If you are going to a fourth of July party and you have been asked to bring something with you, this one is really good. A layered gelatin dessert always goes down well at parties and making a patriotic gelatin dessert is a clever idea. You will need a gelatin mold to make this striped gelatin dessert. If you do not have one, you can use highball glasses and make separate stripy desserts, but if you are doing that you will need to make the red layer first, because you will not be unmolding the gelatin and inverting it.
- 3 oz package raspberry gelatin
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 ¼ cups boiling water
- 16 oz can blueberries, not drained
- 3 oz package blueberry gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- Dissolve the blueberry gelatin in a cup of boiling water, add the undrained blueberries and mix till well blended then pour this into a medium gelatin mold.
- Chill until firm.
- Soften the unflavored gelatin in the cold water.
- Heat the sugar with the half and half cream until hot but not boiling.
- Add the softened gelatin and the cream cheese.
- Blend in a blender until smooth, allow to cool to room temperature then pour it over the blueberry layer.
- Chill until firm.
- Dissolve the raspberry gelatin in 1 ¼ cups of boiling water completely allow to cool to room temperature and pour the mixture over the cheese layer.
- Chill until set and serve by itself or with some whipped cream on the side.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
With the flavors of raspberries and blueberries, this is a fruity gelatin dessert as well as a patriotic one. gelatin molds come in all different shapes and sizes and you might like to use quite a plain-shaped gelatin mold, like a dome, for this one, because the important thing about this striped gelatin dessert for the fourth of July is the patriotic colors. You can see from this photo how a simple concept, like a triple striped gelatin dessert, looks really impressive. As long as you wait for each layer to set before adding the next, there is nothing difficult about making layered gelatin recipes.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)