Merry Christmas Gelatin Salad
You might associate Christmas cake, brandy snaps or other Christmas traditional recipes with Christmas time, rather than gelatin, but this recipe will not disappoint the family. Three flavors of gelatin are used, which also give you three festive colors. You can use strawberry gelatin, raspberry gelatin, cranberry gelatin or cherry gelatin to make the red layer.
Marshmallows, cream cheese, pineapple, and cream are also added to make this gelatin with cream cheese recipe very creamy and tasty. Each gelatin flavor is allowed to set before the next is poured on top, resulting in a striped Christmas dessert, which might become one of your favorite Christmas recipes in years to come. You can also make festive gelatin salad recipes to accompany your main meal or for appetizers.
In fact, this delicious gelatin recipe is too good to make just once a year so, if you like it, you can use any three colors of gelatin and make this dessert again. What about red, blue, and white gelatin for a patriotic gelatin recipe?
- 3 packs gelatin (lime, lemon and a red one), 3 oz each
- 21 big marshmallows
- 1 pack whipped cream or Dream Whip
- 1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
- Boiling water
- 2 small tubs cream cheese
- Handful of mixed nuts
- Handful of maraschino cherries
- Handful of raspberries (optional)
- Make the red gelatin first, according to the directions on the pack, and chill it in a 9 x 13 inch pan until it is set.
- Mix together the lemon gelatin, 1 cup of hot water, the cream cheese, and marshmallows in a big pot and stir over a medium heat until it melts.
- Let the mixture cool, and then stir in the whipped cream, cherries, and nuts.
- Pour the mixture over the red gelatin and let it set.
- Prepare the lime gelatin, according to the directions on the pack and pour it over the other layers.
- Allow it to set in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with extra whipped cream and fresh raspberries on top, for a festive look, if you like.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32443 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17617 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9031 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)