Sugar Plum Gelatin Cookies with Royal Icing Leaves
Whether you are celebrating Christmas or you just fancy making something extra special, these Christmas sugar plum cookies are truly mouthwatering. If you leave some out as a bribe for Santa, he is sure to bring you some great gifts!
Strawberry gelatin, coconut, vanilla and more are used to flavor these delicious treats. The icing leaves are made by combining egg and powdered sugar with a little lemon juice. These are a wonderful garnish but royal icing starts to set immediately so you will have to work quickly to make the leaves before the icing sets. In fact, if you are making a lot of these, you might prefer to make the icing in batches or keep it in a sealed container until you are ready to use it. It will stay soft as long as you do not expose it to the air.
The little sugar plums gelatin cookies can be molded into any shape you fancy – squares, circles, strawberry shapes or anything else, depending on how creative you are feeling. The gelatin keeps the cookies moist as well as giving them a fruity flavor, and the coconut and vanilla make them taste simply wonderful.
- 3 oz strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar or icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Blend the gelatin, coconut, condensed milk and wafers together, reserving a tablespoon and a half of gelatin.
- Refrigerate this mixture for 3 hours.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and then into the reserved gelatin. You can shape the gelatin cookies into strawberry shapes if you wish.
- Top each sugar plum cookie with an icing leaf.
- To make the leaves, beat the egg white and lemon juice with a hand mixer or electric mixer. Add the powdered sugar and beat on a low speed until smooth.
- Make the leaf shapes immediately because royal icing hardens when exposed to the air.
- Gently press an icing leaf on to each cookie.
- Cover any unused royal icing in plastic wrap for later use.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17613 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)