Swiss Roll Style Chocolate Cake Recipe
This tasty chocolate cake recipe is quite easy to make but there are a few tips and tricks to help you get it right. First, it is very important to beat the eggs enough because these are what makes the chocolate cake so fluffy and light. The egg yolks need to form a thick paste when you combine them with the flour. The egg whites need to be beaten in a clean bowl with a clean whisk to make them firm and stiff. Once the egg is done correctly, your chocolate cake recipe should come out fine.
The filling for this German chocolate cake recipe is made with pudding, strawberries and cinnamon, as well as whipped topping. The resulting mixture will be stiff and sticky, which is perfect for holding the cake together when you roll it up.
Roll the cake up while it is still warm because it will be more flexible and less likely to break. You can decorate the finished chocolate cake however you like. Chocolate ice cream syrup is great because it is sticky and you can stick strawberries and candies on to it. Else, marshmallow fluff and raspberries would work well or even a homemade vanilla frosting.
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup flour all purpose flour
- 2 cups cold milk
- 8 oz thawed whipped topping
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 packages (4 serving size) white chocolate instant pudding
- 1 package fresh strawberries
- Chocolate candies and chocolate ice cream syrup, to garnish
- Melt the butter in the microwave and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter an 11 x 8 inch baking pan, then line it with waxed paper and butter the paper.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl and add the egg yolks.
- Beat the mixture until it is like a thick paste.
- Beat the sugar and egg whites in a clean bowl until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Add ⅓ of the egg white mixture to the egg yolk mixture and mix until the batter is not so dense.
- Add another ⅓ of the egg whites, then the final third, folding them in gently.
- Add the cooled butter and fold gently again.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan and bake it for about 15 minutes or until the cake springs back when you press it gently in the center.
- Coarsely chop half the strawberries.
- Beat the pudding mixes and cinnamon into the milk for 2 minutes, using a wire whisk.
- Stir in the chopped strawberries and whipped topping.
- Carefully invert the cake on to a big platter and peel off the waxed paper.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the cake and roll it up.
- The pudding mixture will hold it together.
- Decorate the chocolate cake with the chocolate ice cream syrup, candies, and remaining strawberries.
This chocolate cake is simple to make so do not be put off by the photo; it might look complicated but it really is not! The sweet, juicy strawberries contrast beautifully with the fluffy chocolate cake and the creamy filling is really good, keeping the dessert moist and contrasting with the other colors. This is a wonderful dessert for any occasion. Just cut it into slices to serve. You can serve this chocolate cake recipe after dinner or even in the afternoon with a cup of coffee as a pick-me-up. Be creative when you decorate it, to make it unique.
3 Responses to Swiss Roll Style Chocolate Cake Recipe
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32433 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18609 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17600 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13821 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10587 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9787 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9472 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9026 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8518 Views)