No Bake Pumpkin Pie Recipe
This double layer cream cheese pumpkin pie is simple to make and it uses two types of instant pudding – vanilla pudding and pumpkin pudding. Pumpkin instant pudding is only available at certain times of the year. If it is unavailable when you want to make this no bake pumpkin pie, you might want to use two packages of vanilla instant pudding instead and add some canned pumpkin to the mixture.
This is the best ever pumpkin cream pie in terms of both flavor and easiness to make. The cream cheese and cream makes it creamy and luxurious and the puddings give it the perfect flavor. If you cannot find pumpkin pie spice, use a combination of cinnamon and ginger. A little nutmeg gives a nice flavor too but be careful when adding nutmeg or ginger because a little goes a long way. It is obviously easier to add more spice that to remove it when you have added too much!
This cream cheese pumpkin pie has a great consistency and it is nice served ice cold. It needs to be refrigerated for a few hours or overnight, to make sure it sets properly. If you want to make a single layered pumpkin cream cheese pie, mix the two mixtures together and spread the whole lot over the crust. This means combining the cream cheese mixture with the pumpkin pie spice pudding mixture. It is up to you which you choose but the two-tone pie looks extra tempting.
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 package instant pumpkin pudding
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- Dream Topping, Cool Whip or whipped cream, to serve
- 3 tablespoons chopped mixed nuts, to garnish (optional)
- Caramel ice cream syrup, to serve (optional)
- Whisk the cream cheese with the sugar and a tablespoon of the milk until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the cream.
- Add the pudding mixes to the remaining milk.
- Add the rest of the pumpkin pie spice and beat with a wire whisk until the mixture is thick.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the pie crust and level it flat with a palette knife.
- Spoon the pumpkin pie spice mixture over the top.
- Chill the cream cheese pumpkin pie in the refrigerator for 4 hours or more, until it is firm.
- Serve garnished with caramel sauce and mixed nuts, if you like, as well as whipped topping or cream.
This is the best ever pumpkin cream pie. Making it in two layers gives it such a professional look and it is so much simpler than you might imagine. There is not even any cooking involved in this pumpkin pie recipe. Despite being simple to make, it looks really elegant. This no bake pumpkin pie should not take more than fifteen minutes to put together, unless you choose to make your own pastry crust for it. You need to make it in plenty of time though, so the pumpkin flavored filling has a chance to set. Store leftover pie in the refrigerator and it will keep for a couple of days.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17610 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10600 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9479 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)