Thanksgiving Spiced Pumpkin and Pecan Pie
This pie recipe uses pumpkin spice instant pudding and that is a variety, which seems to appear over Halloween so you might want to stock up on it! There are lots of great Halloween recipes, such as spiced pumpkin pie and other types of pumpkin pie recipes, but this spiced pumpkin and pecan pie is something extra special. If you have fresh pumpkin to use up, you can cook that and mash it, instead of using canned pumpkin. Do not use pumpkin flesh from big jack-o-lantern pumpkins though. Smaller pumpkins have sweeter flesh.
Pumpkin, caramel, and pecans combine beautiful in this mouthwatering pie recipe and, once you have tried it, you will definitely want to make this wonderful dish again because it is too good to only eat at Halloween. If you like rich, sticky, and indulgent pie recipes, this turtle pumpkin pie should be right up your street. It might not be so good for anyone with dentures but it is divine for everyone else!
Cranberry gelatin is another variety that only makes an appearance in the festive season so you might want to stock up on that as well, since there are plenty of cranberry gelatin recipes you can try too. Cranberry gelatin is available throughout November and December.
- 1 graham cracker crust
- ¼ cup caramel ice cream topping plus 2 tablespoons extra
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 oz cool whip
- ½ cup pecans plus 2 tablespoons extra
- 1 can canned pumpkin
- 2 packages pumpkin spice pudding
- Pour ¼ cup of the caramel topping on to the graham cracker crust and sprinkle ½ cup of the pecans over the top.
- Whisk the milk, pumpkin and pudding mixes until well mixed, then stir in 1 ½ cups of the cool whip.
- Spread this mixture over the crust and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Top with the rest of the cool whip, caramel topping, and the pecans and serve.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17612 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10601 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)