Heart Shaped Birthday Cake with Strawberry Gelatin
A heart cake pan is a useful piece of equipment to have in the kitchen. You can make any cake in a heart cake pan, as well as gelatin recipes, pies and more. You might even want to buy a pair of heart shaped cake pans, so you can make layer cakes. If you are looking for heart shaped cake decorating ideas, why not make this delicious strawberry gelatin topped heart shaped birthday cake?
The cake is a white cake mix, and then you frost it with a sour cream, whipped cream and powdered sugar mixture, poke holes in it to let the strawberry gelatin sink through and decorate the top with strawberry gelatin, homemade frosting flowers and desiccated coconut. The frosting can be refrigerated for a week or frozen for up to three months. It takes a bit of practice to make roses out of frosting so you might want to buy some cake decorations instead of making them. There are lots of creative heart shaped cake decorating ideas. You might like to use silver balls, meringues, fresh fruit or chocolate chips and sprinkles on top.
This heart shaped birthday cake can be a valentine’s day cake if you like. It makes enough for six servings so if you are having a birthday party, you might like to make two.
- 1 package white cake mix (2 layer size)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 lb sour cream
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 12 oz whipped cream
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ tablespoon meringue powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Make the cake, following the directions on the package, baking it in a pair of heart-shaped cake pans.
- Let the cakes cool for 20 minutes, and then turn them out on to wax paper.
- Dissolve the gelatin powder in the boiling water and leave it to thicken.
- Combine the whipped cream, sour cream, and powdered sugar.
- Cover the first cake layer with ? of the frosting, and then put the top layer over it. Poke holes through the cake using a fork and pour half the thickened gelatin over the cake.
- Use the frosting to cover the top and sides of the cake and refrigerate it for an hour.
- Pour the rest of the gelatin over the top of the cake and sprinkle the coconut around the edges.
- Cream the shortening until soft, then add the meringue powder and powdered sugar gradually, beating well all the time.
- When everything is well combined, add the water.
- Put the frosting in a rose tip piping bag and pipe decorative white rose shapes on to the cake.
This heart shaped birthday cake looks really special but using a heart cake pan is no more difficult than using a square or round cake pan. Whether you want to make a strawberry shortcake cake, a double chocolate cake, or something else, there are various creative heart shaped birthday cakes you can choose from and you can be as inventive as you want with your heart shaped cake decorating ideas. This delicious gelatin cake is decorated with frosting roses, strawberry gelatin, and desiccated coconut. Anyone would be delighted to get this wonderful gelatin cake on their birthday.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (48477 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32294 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18549 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17461 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13749 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10418 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9626 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9408 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (8960 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8306 Views)