Romantic Gelatin Valentine’s Day Dessert
This wonderful heart shaped dessert is perfect for valentine’s day. If you gave your loved one champagne and roses for valentine’s day last year, why not use the champagne and roses to make a wonderful gelatin dessert this year instead?
This fantastic gelatin dessert recipe combines champagne, rosebuds, strawberry gelatin, and grapes in layers. It really does look amazing, especially when you serve it on a bed of fresh mint leaves. If you are a romantic at heart, this beautiful valentine’s day gelatin mold is sure to delight the one you love. A traditional valentine’s day dessert might be chocolate covered strawberries or something similar but this champagne rose gelatin heart is easy to make and looks incredible.
You can make this traditional valentines dessert in a big heart gelatin mold or in smaller, individual heart gelatin molds, depending what you have. Heart-shaped gelatin molds should not be difficult to find at the beginning of February, else you can order one online. If you are browsing dessert recipes for valentine’s day, this champagne rose gelatin heart should be at the top of your list because it is so beautiful and impressive. What a way to make a romantic statement.
- 3 small packets strawberry or raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 ½ cups white seedless grapes
- 2 ¼ cups champagne or white wine
- 5 or 6 small rosebuds, rinsed and dry
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Refrigerate a heart shaped gelatin mold.
- Combine the gelatin with the hot water and add the champagne.
- Chill until thickened to the consistency of egg yolk.
- Pour half a cup of this mixture into the gelatin mold and arrange the rosebuds in the mold, face down (they will be face up when you unmold the gelatin later).
- Chill until set.
- Combine the grapes and 2 cups of the gelatin mixture.
- Pour this carefully over the first mixture and the rosebuds.
- Let it set for a few minutes, then add the rest of the gelatin mixture.
- Chill until set, then unmold on to a bed of mint leaves or a chilled serving plate.
You can get gelatin molds in all kinds of materials and shapes, as well as all different sizes. In this photo, the gelatin mold is made from copper and has patterns on it, so the resulting champagne gelatin mold recipe will have the imprint of the patterns on it too. Copper is a good material for gelatin molds because it lasts a long time and looks good displayed in your kitchen. Alternatively, a silicon gelatin mold is easy to use because the gelatin unmolds easily and it is easy to wash.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32452 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18617 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17626 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13832 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10612 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9816 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8546 Views)