Romantic Red Rose Chocolate Fudge Cake
This chocolate fudge cake recipe is perfect for Valentine’s Day or for a birthday cake because the red rose looks striking against the chocolate frosting. You do not have to decorate the cake with a red rose. Some vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or powdered sugar would work too. As with most cake recipes, use your imagination for the garnish. Pretty much anything will be nice with this chocolate fudge cake recipe.
If you are not sure whether this cake is ready or not, press the cake with your finger. If it leaves an indent, it is not yet done. The chocolate chips melt, which means that the normal toothpick test (seeing if a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake) will not work here. If you are using a bundt pan, which is a cake pan with a hole through the center, the cake will take less time to cook.
Chocolate fudge flavor instant pudding is used to add another flavor dimension to this rich, gooey cake, although you could use chocolate pudding mix or even the devil’s food flavor if you happen to have one of those handy or if you prefer one of those.
- ⅓ cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 oz sour cream
- ½ cup crème de cacao
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips or flakes
- 1 package chocolate fudge instant pudding
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ¾ cups white sugar
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 red rose, for garnish (optional)
- 1 package chocolate fudge instant pudding
- ⅔ cup cold milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 10 inch bundt cake pan or an 8 inch regular cake pan. Using a mixer, whip together the eggs and butter.
- Add the sour cream and mix until frothy, then stir in the vanilla and crème de cacao.
- Stir the flour with the sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, chocolate pudding mix, and salt in another bowl.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and combine well.
- Add 2 cups of the chocolate chips or chocolate flakes and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into the greased cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula or palette knife. Bake the cake for about an hour or until the cake is springy to the touch.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan, and then turn it on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together the chocolate fudge instant pudding, cold milk, cream, and decorate the cooled cake with this mixture.
- Chill the cake for half an hour, and then decorate it with the rest of the chocolate chips or flakes and also a red rose if you are making this cake as a romantic gift.
This stunning chocolate fudge cake is decorated with a rose and garnished with chocolate flakes and rose petals, making it a wonderful Valentine’s Day cake or token of affection for your loved one if you are celebrating an achievement or birthday. This is a rich and satisfying cake and it is just as nice with a strong cup of coffee as it is after dinner. Anyone who loves the flavor of chocolate will enjoy a slice of this rich, luxurious chocolate cake. You could try using white chocolate pudding to make it, if you want to make a white chocolate cake recipe for a change. White chocolate cake is also really tasty and would look nice with the rose garnish.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32433 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18609 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17600 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13821 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10588 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9790 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9473 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9026 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8519 Views)