Valentine Strawberry Heart Mini Cheesecakes
If you are planning to make a romantic dinner for your loved one on valentine’s day, what better way to finish it off than to serve these cute valentine’s day cheesecake hearts? Of course you can buy romantic desserts like mini cheesecakes, valentine’s day heart shaped cheesecakes and other valentine’s day goodies from the store, but making your own is much nicer and it will show your partner how much you love him or her. Nothing demonstrates your love better than handmade valentine’s day strawberry gelatin cheesecake!
This cheesecake needs to be made either first thing in the morning or the day before for the best results, so if your partner is likely to look in the refrigerator and spoil the surprise, you had best make it on valentine’s day morning!
This valentine’s day dessert is quite easy to make and, if you are looking for valentine’s day dessert recipes, this is a great one to consider because it looks great and tastes wonderful. The chocolate is optional but it does look cool in the cheese layer and chocolate tastes great with the strawberry gelatin, so you might want to include it.
- 1 ½ cups finely ground graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb sour cream
- 2 tablespoons small plain chocolates (optional)
- 1 packet strawberry gelatin
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together all the crust ingredients well.
- Grease the base of a 9-inch spring form pan with butter and press the crust mixture on to the base of the pan. Refrigerate the pan for 15 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Add the sugar gradually and beat well for a few minutes on a medium speed.
- Beat in the lemon juice, vanilla, and sour cream on a low speed for a few minutes until smooth. Add the chocolates if you are using them.
- Pour this batter into the spring form pan and smooth the top using a spatula.
- Cover the sides and base of the pan with aluminum foil then place the pan into a larger oven pan.
- Pour hot water into the outside pan until it is an inch deep.
- Make sure the foil is not ripped; else, the water will leak into the cheesecake.
- The hot water bath stops the cheesecake cracking.
- Place these pans into the oven and cook for an hour and 15 minutes.
- The cake should still jiggle in the center because it will set more in the refrigerator. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool for a couple of hours.
- Chill overnight in the refrigerator or for at least 5 hours.
- Make the strawberry gelatin according to the packet instructions and pour it over the cheesecake. Refrigerate until the gelatin is set.
- Run a hot knife around the outside of the cake to remove the sides of the spring form pan.
- Cut heart shaped mini cheesecakes using a heart shaped cookie cutter or leave the cheesecake whole if you prefer.
These cute strawberry gelatin cheesecakes are easy to make and they look so good. You can see the stripy chocolate effect in the photo but you can leave the chocolate out of the recipe if you want to. Valentine’s day is a special day and, if you like to bake, why not make something like these valentine’s day heart shaped cheesecakes. Your loved one is definitely going to love these mini cheesecakes. If you are short on funds for a gift, why not make these instead? Actions speak louder than words and these cheesecakes are so romantic.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32436 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18610 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17603 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13824 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10595 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9796 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9475 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9027 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8523 Views)