Almond Cookie Topped White Chocolate Mousse
This delicious lime and white chocolate mousse is simple to make and it is decorated with homemade almond and vanilla cookies. These cookies add crunch and flavor to the mousse. Dark chocolate mousse and milk chocolate mousse are both very popular and white chocolate mousse is very tasty too. Chocolate mousse used to be a specialty of French restaurants only but it started to gain popularity in British and American homes in the 1960s. Mousse-like desserts are often called “whips” in middle America for the obvious reason that they are whipped.
Mousses range from thick and creamy to fluffy and light, depending how they are prepared. This white chocolate mousse is made with white chocolate instant pudding, Cool Whip, and milk, so it is creamy but still light and airy. The lime zest adds a delicious tang to the sweet chocolate flavor. You could use lemon zest or orange zest if you prefer. The end flavor will not be much different.
The almond cookies are simple to make and you can store leftover almond cookies in an airtight container because this recipe makes about seventy. Use them to decorate future desserts or enjoy them as little snacks with your coffee.
- 1 package white chocolate instant pudding
- 1 ½ cups cold milk
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup chopped, blanched almonds
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the flour with the salt, ¼ cup of the sugar and ½ cup of the almonds, then cut in the butter until the particles are the size of lentils.
- Sprinkle the vanilla over it and gather the dough in a ball, handling it as little as you can. Wrap it in waxed paper, and then chill it.
- Divide it into 10 portions.
- Shape these portions into thin, ½ inch diameter rolls and cut them into 2 inch pieces.
- Brush one side with egg and sprinkle the rest of the sugar over them, then the rest of the nuts.
- Put the cookies on baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned, then cool on a rack.
- Beat the pudding mix into the milk for a minute, using a wire whisk. Stir in the lime zest and whipped topping, then divide the mixture between 6 serving dishes and chill it.
- Decorate the white chocolate mousse with some of the almond cookies.
Homemade mousse is lovely, as are homemade cookies. Serve them both together and you have the ultimate dessert – rich enough to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings but not too heavy to go after a filling entrée. This would make a perfect dessert for any occasion. The lime and white chocolate flavors in the mousse pair really nicely while the crispy almond cookies are wonderful served with the mousse. You can make both ahead of time as well, so if you want to make something and then forget about it until dessert time, this is an ideal option for you to consider.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32441 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13827 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8534 Views)