Authentic Asian Recipe for Mango Mousse
This recipe for mango mousse is easy to follow and is based on an authentic Asian mango mousse recipe. Mangos are sweet and mouthwatering and you can combine them with water to make sorbet or cream to make mousse. Mangos are available all year, since they are imported, and they are naturally very sweet and juicy. You might not want to add much sugar to this mango mousse recipe, or any at all.
Gelatin is easier to use than JELL-O ®, for this mango mousse, because gelatin is unflavored and JELL-O ® does not come in a mango flavor. The chocolate candies, whipped cream and drizzled melted chocolate are nice garnishes but you can leave the mousse plain if you prefer. The drizzled chocolate should set as soon as it comes into contact with the chilled mousse. Use chocolate ice cream syrup if you have it. Hold it high above the mousse and drizzle zigzags over it. If you like your mousse ice cold, freeze it for half an hour before serving.
This easy recipe for mango mousse is wonderful on a hot day or after a heavy meal. It is also very special after an Asian dinner. Whether you are cooking for the family or entertaining guests, this refreshing mango mousse is always welcome. Use soft, ripe mangos because they are easier to puree and have a sweeter flavor.
- 3 mangos
- 2 ½ teaspoons gelatin
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- Sugar, to taste
- 10 chocolate candies
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- 1 bar milk chocolate
- Remove the skin from the mangos and take the flesh off the stones. Puree the mango flesh and some sugar in a food processor or blender, and then strain it to remove any pulp.
- Pour ⅓ of the mango puree into a pot and add the gelatin.
- Heat the mango puree over a low heat, stirring it all the time, until the gelatin dissolves.
- Remove the puree from the heat and put it in a bowl. Stir in the rest of the puree.
- Whip the heavy cream until it forms soft peaks.
- When the mango puree is cool, add it to the cream. Put one ice cream scoop of mango mousse on each dessert plate and leave the mousse in the refrigerator overnight to set.
- Break up the bar of chocolate into a plastic or Pyrex bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds or until it melts.
- Pipe or drizzle the melted chocolate over the mango mousses, then top each one with whipped cream and a chocolate candy.
With this easy recipe for mango mousse, you can create this delicious dessert. Chill or freeze the mousse to keep it ice cold and to help it keep its shape. Garnish it with cream and chocolate and you have a very elegant dessert, which is great for any occasion. Popular jello recipes include desserts like this recipe for mango mousse, as well as some of the better-known jello-based dishes. If you fancy something sweet, delicious, and refreshing, make this amazing mango mousse for your family to enjoy.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)