Black and White Chocolate Mousse with Orange
This easy chocolate mousse is for chocolate lovers. Blending chocolate mousse with white chocolate mousse, this is a double chocolate delight in a glass. The white chocolate mousse is made with white chocolate, cream, butter, eggs, and a touch of vanilla. The chocolate mousse is made with pudding, milk, and Cool Whip. Some shredded orange rind garnishes the dessert perfectly.
If you like to make jello recipes, what about trying some jello mousse recipes too? pudding is available in lots of different flavors and using pudding to make mousse means you can take a real shortcut with the recipes and save time, yet your mousse will have all the wonderful flavor of something you made from scratch. pudding is great to have in the kitchen cupboard because you can make so many different desserts with it – pies, cakes, mousse, cheesecake and more.
If you want to make dark chocolate and milk chocolate mousse instead of chocolate and white chocolate mousse, simply substitute dark chocolate for the white chocolate and leave out the vanilla. If you want to, you could even make the three types of chocolate mousse for a really rich and luxurious chocolate mousse recipe.
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding
- ½ container Cool Whip
- 1 ¾ cups skim milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 oz butter
- 2 eggs
- Rind from one orange, for garnish
- Melt the butter and white chocolate in a pan over a low heat.
- Keep stirring it until the chocolate dissolves and is smooth.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the vanilla and egg yolks.
- Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Beat the egg whites in a mixing bowl until they form stiff peaks.
- Beat the heavy cream to stiff peaks in another bowl.
- Fold the egg whites and heavy cream into the egg yolk mixture.
- That is your white chocolate mousse.
- To make the dark chocolate mousse, combine the skim milk and pudding mix in a bowl and beat with a wire whisk until the pudding dissolves and the mixture thickens.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- You now have a bowl of dark chocolate mousse and a bowl of white chocolate mousse.
- Spoon both mousses into serving glasses, adding some dark chocolate mousse, then some white chocolate mousse and repeat.
- Each glass should have about the same amount of each mousse in it.
- Sprinkle the orange rind on top of each mousse and chill them for a couple of hours.
You can see in this photo how the chocolate mousse and white chocolate mousse blend together in the serving glass. Each mousse has a very different flavor, so it is nice to mix two mousses together like this. The orange rind adds a splash of color to this jello recipe and infuses the mousse with a citrus scent. You can put a few drops of orange juice or orange liqueur in the chocolate mousse if you want to, to reinforce the orange flavor. This is an easy yet very appealing mousse recipe, which anyone can make.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17610 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10600 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9479 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9029 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)