Cappuccino Mousse with Chocolate Sprinkles
There are three main elements in mousse recipes. The first one is the base and this is the coffee in cappuccino mousse, the chocolate in chocolate mousse, or the peaches in peach mousse. Next is the binder, which is normally gelatin. If the base ingredient has a lot of body, the gelatin might not be necessary. Cheese or chocolate-based mousses do not always require gelatin but it can still be used to give flavor. You can use either your favorite gelatin, gelatin sheets, gelatin powder or agar agar for this. puddings can also be used for mousse recipes, because they whip up so nicely and are naturally mousse-like in texture.
Something is needed to aerate the mousse and this might be whipped cream or beaten egg whites. The aerator is used to give the mousse a light, airy texture. It is important to stir the aerator in gently, else the mousse will deflate. Savory mousses can be made from meat, fish, seafood, or cheese and they can be cold or hot. They are squeezed through a piping bag on to pastry shells, meat, fish, or vegetables and can be served as an appetizer.
Sweet mousses are served for dessert and are often served in dessert glasses and garnished with whipped cream, a sweet sauce or fruit. The following cappuccino mousse recipe blends cream, milk, chocolate instant pudding and coffee for a light, fluffy, cappuccino flavored dessert. This is one of our most easy mousse recipes and a few chocolate sprinkles are all you need for a nice garnish. French chefs have been working with chocolate since the early 1600s and it was the Spanish who introduced chocolate to France. The first written record of chocolate mousse in America is from an 1892 Food Exposition held in New York’s Madison Square Garden. An 1897 edition of the Boston Globe published a chocolate mousse recipe in its housekeepers’ column, although that recipe was for a chocolate pudding type of mousse, rather than a light, foamy one.
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding
- 1 ½ cups cold milk
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 4 teaspoons white chocolate sprinkles
- Beat the instant pudding mix with the coffee powder and cold mix for a couple of minutes, then fold in the Cool Whip.
- Divide the mixture between 6 serving glasses and sprinkle the white chocolate sprinkles over the top.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until set.
Mousse is always a great dessert, and here we are combining chocolate with coffee to make these rich mousses. We garnished ours with white chocolate candies and fresh mint leaves, but you can serve them plain or choose another decoration, perhaps something seasonal. The great thing about this recipe is how simple it is; once you have combined the ingredients you are done, and you can just leave the mousses to set in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them. You can expect a rich, creamy flavor and a thick, satisfying consistency.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32452 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18617 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17622 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13832 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10612 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9816 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8546 Views)