Creamy Cherry Mousse with Fresh Banana
Banana and cherries go together nicely and the following recipe for banana and cherry mousse combines banana cream pudding with cherry pie filling and some Oreo cookies for a chocolate flavor. This is a very easy recipe and you might already have all the ingredients in the kitchen. The fresh banana is a nice garnish but do not cut up the banana until you are ready to serve the desserts, else it will go brown and not look as appetizing.
If you have a package of instant banana cream pudding, why not combine it with the other ingredients to make this delicious and easy cherry mousse recipe? The Cool Whip makes the banana pudding light and airy and the other ingredients add to the color, texture, and overall flavor of this simple dessert recipe. Oreo cookies are great by themselves or with a glass of milk or hot drink. You can also use them in mousse recipes or gelatin salad recipes. You can crush Oreo cookies to make a delicious crust for pies or cheesecakes too.
Cherry mousse is not one of the most common mousse flavors but cherries are naturally sweet and juicy and fruit mousses are always popular and refreshing. For a change, why not try this recipe using flan, white chocolate, or coconut instant pudding, instead of the banana pudding? Sometimes it can be fun to experiment with different flavors when making recipes like cherry mousse and you might discover a new favorite that way.
- 1 ½ cups cold milk
- 1 package instant banana cream pudding
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 banana, cut into 16 pieces
- Beat the milk with the banana cream pudding mix for 2 minutes, then stir in the cherry pie filling and half the Cool Whip. Coarsely crush the Oreo cookies.
- Divide the banana cream pudding mixture between 8 serving dishes and sprinkle half the crushed cookie mixture over the top.
- Spoon the remaining Cool Whip over the top of that and finish off with the rest of the cookie crumbs.
- Chill the banana and cherry mousse desserts for 2 hours, then garnish each one with 2 pieces of fresh banana.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32441 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13827 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10603 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8535 Views)