Creamy Pomegranate and Fruit Mousse Desserts
Fruit mousse desserts are always welcome after dinner and the following recipe is one of the best pomegranate recipes ever. Perhaps you know about the health benefits of pomegranate juice already. All fruits are nutritious and pomegranate is especially good for you.
Each scoop of pomegranate gelatin in this delicious fruit mousse recipe sits on top of a homemade watermelon cookie. If you like soft, chewy cookies, sit the mousse on top of the cookies a while before serving it, so the juice soaks through. This recipe makes 20 cookies so you might have some over. Just keep the leftover ones in an airtight container. A watermelon cream sauce is served over the fruity mousse, the dish is garnished with rose petals, mint leaves, and red berries, making this a stunning looking dessert.
These desserts are not difficult to make and they always impress dinner guests. Pomegranate recipes are great if you love fruity flavors and will agree that the watermelon flavor of the cookies and the sauce goes wonderfully with the fruit mousse flavors. You can tell people that the rose petals are also edible. Just make sure you use organic rose petals, not pesticide-coated ones!
- 1 package watermelon gelatin
- 1 ½ cups softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ oz powdered sugar
- 1 pomegranate
- 3 ½ fl oz mascarpone cheese
- 3 ½ fl oz crème fraiche
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ watermelon, cubed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light rum
- ½ cup sugar
- Blueberries, redcurrants, strawberry halves, red rose petal leaves and mint leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together the sugar, flour and baking powder to make the cookies.
- Cream the butter, watermelon gelatin, vanilla, and egg together, and then add the flour mixture gradually.
- Grease a cookie sheet lightly and drop the cookie mixture on to it using a dessertspoon.
- You will get about 20 cookies.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Keep an eye on them because they burn quickly.
- Cool the watermelon cookies on a wire rack.
- While they are cooling, make the pomegranate mousse.
- Whip the egg whites until they form soft peaks, and then add the powdered sugar.
- Whip for 10 minutes more.
- Combine the crème fraiche with the mascarpone, and then slowly stir in the egg white mixture and pomegranate seeds.
- Put plastic wrap over the top of the bowl and chill it for an hour.
- Press the watermelon cubes through a food mill or strainer to get 2 cups of juice.
- Stir in the rum and sugar until the sugar dissolves, then stir in the cream.
- Serve each person a couple of scoops of pomegranate mousse on top of watermelon cookies.
- Pour the watermelon sauce over the top, then garnish with the berries and mint.
- Decorate each scoop of pomegranate mousse with a red rose petal.
These fruit mousse desserts look like something you would get in a top class restaurant. The combination of pomegranate, watermelon, gelatin, and berries is divine. These mousses are topped with red rose petal leaves. Rose petals are edible, so choose perfect ones since these make a prettier garnish and are more appetizing. Use organic roses only, since roses from florists, garden centers, or nurseries might have pesticides on, and wash the petals well before using them as a garnish. All rose petals are edible but remove the white part at the base, since it can be bitter.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13831 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10612 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8544 Views)