Easy Chocolate Mousse with Two Kinds of Chocolate
This delicious dessert combines milk chocolate mousse with white chocolate mousse. For even more contrast, the milk chocolate mousse is frozen but the white chocolate mousse is chilled. Frozen mousse is like a chewy ice cream. This delicious and easy chocolate mousse recipe is decorated with white chocolate coated peanuts for some crunch. Alternative you could use cream, chocolate candies or even some fresh berries.
You can double a lot of mousse recipes if you are expecting company but do not double this one! If you double the milk chocolate mousse recipe, it will not set properly. You can double the white chocolate mousse part if you want, then you will have nine servings instead of six (but twice the amount of the white chocolate part!) This dessert is not for expectant mothers because it contains raw egg. The risk with raw egg is minimal but it is best to avoid it if you are concerned.
When you use more than one kind of chocolate to make a dessert, you can either blend them together or make them separately, like in the following dessert recipe. The white chocolate mousse is made with instant pudding, milk, and cream and the chocolate mousse is made with vanilla, eggs, cream and more traditional mousse ingredients. The resulting combination is a melt in the mouth dessert, which all chocoholics will be in raptures over.
- 1 ½ cups cold milk
- 1 envelope Dream Whip mix
- 1 package white chocolate instant pudding
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 7 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 white chocolate covered peanuts, for garnish
- Break up the chocolate and put it in a blender.
- Add the boiling water and blend it for 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, vanilla and heavy cream and blend for 15 seconds or until the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the chocolate mousse into a plastic container and freeze it.
- Prepare the Dream Whip, following the instructions on the pack.
- Whisk the pudding mix with the milk for a few minutes, and then stir in the Dream Whip.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To serve, spoon some frozen chocolate mousse into 6 wine glasses, top with some chilled white chocolate mousse.
- Repeat this until you have used all the mousse.
- Top each mousse with 4 white chocolate covered peanuts.
This delicious milk chocolate and white chocolate mousse cup is decorated with white chocolate covered peanuts. The white chocolate mousse is chilled and the milk chocolate mousse is frozen, giving an interesting texture combination. You don’t have to serve the milk chocolate mousse frozen but it is easy to make it in advance and you can make the milk chocolate mousse and freeze it a couple of days before making up the white chocolate mousse. This easy chocolate mousse is a great dessert. It looks gorgeous and tastes even better.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13829 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10610 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8542 Views)