Easy Creamy Peanut Butter Mousse
JELL-O ® comes in lots of different flavors and you can get gelatin, pudding and also dessert mixes. The following peanut butter mousse recipe makes use of a JELL-O ® no-bake cheesecake mix. Even though this recipe is not for making cheesecake, the cheesecake filling becomes deliciously light and airy when you whip it with Cool Whip and milk and the crust mixture adds color and texture to this mousse recipe. You can use a instant pudding instead of the cheesecake mix if you prefer. Butterscotch, flan, chocolate, and coconut flavors are all great with the peanut butter and pistachio flavor pudding would be nice with the peanut butter as well. Never be afraid to experiment with different gelatin flavors when making mousse recipes. You might discover a new winning combination.
Chocolate-covered peanuts make a nice snack but you can also chop them coarsely and use them to decorate dessert recipes like this peanut butter mousse. Peanuts are often used in gelatin salad recipes too, as are the chocolate-covered variety. If you want a color contrast in this peanut butter mousse, you can use some milk chocolate peanuts and some white chocolate ones too. Feel free to use any other garnish you fancy. Maybe some miniature marshmallows, chocolate-covered raisins or even chopped walnuts or pistachios sound good to you. Some whipped cream on the top or Cool Whip is a good garnish and the nuts look nice sprinkled on top.
This mousse is quite filling so you will not need big portions. Nuts are very nutritious (no pun intended!) and they give you plenty of energy as well as carbohydrates and protein. Peanut butter mousse is one of our more unusual mousse recipes but this recipe is simple to make and you do not need a lot of ingredients to make it. Peanut butter is great on toast or with jelly in sandwiches but it is also a wonderful mousse ingredient and the creamy texture of the peanut butter is great with the other flavors and textures.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 package JELL-O ® no-bake cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 small container Cool Whip
- ? cup chocolate-covered peanuts, chopped
- Beat the cheesecake filling mix with the peanut butter and milk for 2 minutes, then add the Cool Whip and beat gently for 30 seconds more.
- Stir in the crumb mixture and half the chocolate-covered peanuts.
- Divide the mixture between 8 serving dishes and chill it for 4 hours.
- Decorate with the rest of the chocolate-covered peanuts.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32444 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9033 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)