Gourmet Strawberry Mousse Recipe with Honey
If you have eaten a big dinner, you will find something like strawberry mousse filling and satisfying enough. The following strawberry mousse recipe is a delicious combination of fresh strawberries, lemon, honey, vanilla, and strawberry gelatin. The honey gives a slightly different flavor than using sugar. If you want to make this recipe healthier, you could use sugar free strawberry gelatin.
The gelatin in this strawberry mousse adds flavor and color and works well to hold the mousse together. You can serve it in scoops on dessert plates or in bowls or glasses. Fresh strawberry slices and fresh mint make an attractive garnish. For a really pink mousse you can add a couple of drops of red food coloring, but omit this if you want the mousse to be a more natural color.
The lemon juice and zest in this strawberry mousse recipe add a sharp tang, which contrasts well with the sweet strawberry flavor. Lemon is used in all kinds of strawberry recipes. You might have a lemon cake with a strawberry mousse filling or lemon and strawberry cookies, for example. The two flavors work nicely with one another. This is an easy dessert recipe to make and it requires no baking.
- 8 oz fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Add the gelatin to the boiling water, stirring well until it dissolves.
- Leave it on one side to thicken.
- Rinse and hull the strawberries.
- Keep 2 to one side but puree the rest of them with the salt, juice, and zest in a food processor or using a hand blender.
- Beat the cream until it forms soft peaks, then beat in the honey and vanilla.
- Fold the pureed strawberries into the cream and pour in the gelatin.
- Mix well and chill for 4 hours, then divide the mousse between 4 serving plates.
- Slice the 2 reserved strawberries and use them to garnish the mousse, topping each one with the mint leaves too.
When you think of strawberry mousse, you probably think of a fluffy pink mousse with lots of air bubbles. This strawberry mousse is very light, fluffy, and tasty. It has a great homemade flavor too, because you are using fresh ingredients to make it. You will taste the heavenly combination of vanilla, lemon, and strawberry with each bite. There are quite a few dessert recipes for mousse because gelatin is great for adding flavor and giving the mousse a nice consistency. This strawberry mousse recipe is great for spring or summer garden parties and kids love it just as much as adults do too.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13829 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10610 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8543 Views)