Green Tea Mousse with Pistachios and Cream
This delicious and unusual looking dessert is made in two layers. The first layer is pistachio instant pudding, made with heavy cream as well as milk, for an extra thick finish. The top layer is green tea mousse, made with gelatin and eggs for a good consistency, cream cheese, and milk for creaminess and decorated with crushed pistachios. You can either use extra gelatin and unmold this dessert or follow the recipe and serve it in glasses, because it is a bit soft for unmolding made this way.
Pistachios and green tea might be the same color but that is not the only reason they are combined in this green tea mousse recipe. Their flavors are wonderful together as well. If you are serving an Asian meal, what about having this Asian inspired green tea mousse for dessert? If you have company, this wonderful and easy mousse recipe is certainly a talking point.
Green tea is not a drink that everyone likes and, admittedly, it is not a dessert flavor that everybody likes either because it is quite unusual. However, more people love this green tea mousse than do not like it and it is well worth making because if you do like the flavor of green tea, you are going to love this. The flavor of green tea is hard to describe but it is more herbal tasting than regular tea. Green tea ice cream is especially popular in parts of Asia and it has a mild and refreshing taste.
- 3 leaves gelatin
- 1 tablespoon green tea powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cold water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup unsalted pistachios, crushed
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 small pistachio instant pudding
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 16 whole pistachios, for garnish
- Combine the pistachio instant pudding with 1 cup of the milk and the heavy cream.
- Whisk it for 2 minutes, and then divide it between 8 serving glasses and chill.
- Put the leaves of gelatin in the cold water to soften.
- Mix the egg yolk with the sugar, then whisk in the cream cheese and green tea.
- Warm the remaining ½ cup of milk in a pan, and then dissolve the gelatin leaves in it.
- Whisk the egg white until it forms soft peaks, and then whisk this into the warm milk.
- Combine the milk mixture with the green tea mixture and spoon this mixture on top of the pistachio pudding mixture in the serving glasses.
- Sprinkle the crushed pistachios over the top just before serving and garnish with a couple of shelled pistachios.
This easy green tea mousse is garnish simply with a couple of unsalted pistachios. The dark chocolate garnish is optional but you can buy dark chocolate shapes or even make your own by melting dark chocolate and piping it into an attractive pattern, then leaving it to set. If you only want to make the green tea mousse, without the pistachio mousse layer, you can use extra gelatin to firm it up even more. Then, when you unmold it, you can stick crushed pistachios all over the outside as well as on the top, so it looks more like the photo.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49941 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32446 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10606 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9035 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8537 Views)