Layered Mocha Mousse with White Chocolate and Cream
This delicious mocha mousse recipe features layers of chocolate and coffee mousse and layers of white chocolate mousse. Chocolate is one of the nicest mousse flavors and you can choose from dark chocolate, milk chocolate, mocha (which is coffee and chocolate) or white chocolate. In this mocha mousse recipe, you are combining a homemade easy mocha mousse with a instant white chocolate pudding based mousse.
Anyone can make this simple mocha mousse recipe and it is a very appealing looking dessert to serve at a dinner party. You need to chill the two mousses until they are quite thick before you attempt to layer them in the serving glasses. If you layer them while one is still warm or still thin, they will run into each other and ruin the layer effect.
Kahlua, which is a Mexican coffee liqueur, is a wonderful ingredient for a mocha mousse recipe because it really enhances the coffee flavor. The vanilla extract also goes nicely and a lot of Mexican recipes feature coffee, chocolate and vanilla. This easy mocha mousse definitely has Mexican influences. If you like rich, heavenly tasting desserts, you will love the fact that you can make all the best mousse recipes using instant pudding.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package white chocolate instant pudding
- 1 ½ cups cold skim milk
- 2 envelopes Dream Whip
- 12 chocolate flakes
- Combine ¼ cup of the heavy cream with the chocolate chips and coffee in a pan and warm it over a low heat until everything is dissolved.
- Prepare the Dream Whip according to the direction on the pack.
- Put the milk in a bowl and whisk in the instant pudding mix with a wire whisk.
- Gently stir in half the Dream Whip.
- Refrigerate. Whisk the eggs with the egg yolks and sugar, and then add the rest of the cream, the coffee mixture, and the other ingredients.
- Beat at a high speed for one minute and refrigerate.
- When the mocha mousse and the white chocolate mousse are much thicker, spoon them in layers into 10 tall glasses.
- Put 2 of the chocolate flakes in a bag and beat them with a rolling pin.
- Top the mousses with the rest of the Dream Whip and stick a chocolate flake in each one.
- Sprinkle the broken chocolate flake pieces over the mousses and refrigerate until you are ready to serve them.
In this photo, you can see how the layer effect looks so stunning. The mocha mousse and white chocolate mousse are layered in the tall glasses for a really good effect. The chocolate flakes are the perfect decoration for this easy mocha mousse recipe and adults and kids alike love this delectable jello pudding dessert. Homemade mousse is always really special because it tastes so fresh. Store bought mousse is not bad but once you have tasted homemade mocha mousse, you will always want to make your own mousse recipes from then on.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32433 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18609 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17600 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13821 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10587 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9789 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9473 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9026 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8519 Views)