Mint Mousse with Chocolate
This delicious combination of chocolate pudding, mint, and cream is decorated with homemade heart-shaped cookies. The cookies can be made in any shape you like but the heart-shaped ones are especially good. Dip them in chocolate for a gourmet touch. When served with the cookies, this chocolate mint mousse is an elegant dessert, which would not look out of place at a dinner party.
Mint and chocolate are great partners and the mint adds a fine flavor to the chocolate. Chocolate pudding is great by itself but using it to make other gelatin recipes like mint mousse means that you can make the best mousse recipes using instant pudding as the main base. Fresh mint is used to garnish this mint mousse but mint extract is used to flavor both the cookies and the mousse itself.
If you like the taste of mint, you will enjoy these delicious cookie-topped mousses. Make extra cookies if you want. They are a great accompaniment to a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, or you can use them to decorate ice cream or other mousse recipes or other gelatin recipes.
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding
- 2 ½ teaspoons mint extract
- 3 cups whipped cream
- 1 ½ cups cold milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 squares semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 6 sprigs fresh mint
- First, make the heart shaped cookies.
- Beat the sugar and butter in a bowl until fluffy and light, and then add 1 ½ teaspoons of the mint extract and the egg.
- Combine the baking powder, salt, and flour and add this to the butter mixture, beating well to mix.
- Cover and chill this mixture for an hour, then roll out the dough on a floured board until it is ? inch thick.
- Use a 2 inch heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut cookie shapes and arrange them on a wax paper lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Refrigerate them for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let them cool, and then dip one side in the melted chocolate. Let the cookies cool on wire racks until the chocolate has set.
- Combine the instant pudding mix with the milk, beating well until the mixture is light and fluffy. Stir in 2 cups of the whipped cream and the rest of the mint extract.
- Spoon this chocolate mint mousse into 6 serving glasses and top each one with the rest of the whipped cream, a couple of heart-shaped cookies and a sprig of fresh mint.
Mint Mousse with Chocolate Recipe Video
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32438 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18610 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17606 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13824 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10597 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9798 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9475 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9027 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8523 Views)