Mochaccino Mousse with Cinnamon Coffee Sauce
This delicious mousse is served in a pool of homemade cinnamon coffee sauce. First, you need to make the mousse, and then you can make the sauce while the mousse chills. Mochaccino is a cross between cappuccino and mocha. Cappuccino is frothy coffee and mocha is chocolate with coffee, so this mousse is flavored with both chocolate and coffee.
The sauce is made with cinnamon, coffee, and vanilla. The sauce for this mochaccino mousse is very versatile actually. You can keep it for up to two weeks in a tightly covered jar in the refrigerator. Serve it drizzled over pound cake or vanilla ice cream or as a dip for fresh fruit pieces. The sauce reduces as it cooks and you will have about one cup of it in total.
If you enjoy rich and full flavored dessert recipes and gelatin recipes, you will love this mochaccino mousse. It is an elegant dessert to serve at a dinner party or a luxurious and indulgent dessert to surprise the family with after dinner.
- 1 ½ cups cold milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Add half the coffee granules to the cold milk and beat for 2 minutes using a wire whisk.
- Add the pudding mix and the ground cinnamon and beat for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in 1 ½ cups of the thawed Cool Whip and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine the sugar, cocoa, butter, vanilla, salt, cinnamon stick and remaining coffee granules in a pan and whisk in the boiling water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over a high heat, and then turn the heat down to medium.
- Simmer the mixture, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until it is glossy and thick.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and let the mixture cool down.
- Spoon some of the cooled sauce on 6 serving plates and top each one with a spoonful of the mousse and the rest of the Cool Whip.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13827 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8533 Views)