Pistachio Mousse with a Green Grape Garnish
This is a very simple pistachio mousse and it is made by combining pudding with milk and cream. This is not a bubbly, airy mousse but more of a creamy one. Serve it in martini glasses or parfait glasses for a classic look. Mousse is always a nice dessert to serve after an especially rich dinner because it is not too rich or heavy but it is sweet and flavorful enough to be satisfying.
If you like the flavor of pistachios, you will find this dessert recipe refreshing, tasty, and satisfying. You could actually use any instant pudding flavor to make a similar dessert. You could try white chocolate pudding for a white chocolate mousse or a butterscotch pudding for a butterscotch mousse. What about mixing two flavors together for a brand new flavor? Pistachio and white chocolate puddings would go well and a white chocolate pistachio mousse would be delicious. If you are going to use two instant puddings, you will need to be feeding quite a few people though.
The flavor of the grapes goes nicely with the nutty pistachio flavor and the color matches too. It is best to use seedless grapes, so people can enjoy them without having to pick the pips out of their teeth afterwards. This is one of our easiest dessert recipes, since you just need to combine the ingredients. You can use a different garnish if you like. Whipped cream and flaked almonds or crushed pistachio nuts would be a good topping. Alternatively, you can keep it simple and use the grapes and mint for a color coordinated and very elegant looking finish.
- 1 package pistachio instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup thawed Cool Whip
- 12 seedless green grapes
- 4 fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Prepare the pudding following the directions on the package.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and combine well.
- Divide the mixture between 4 parfait glasses or martini glasses and chill for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the grapes and mint leaves on top and serve.
This mint green dessert recipe is really tasty and very attractive. Pistachio mousse is really flavorful, this mousse is garnished with green grapes, and mint leaves. Actually, it is a parsley leaf in the photo but mint is nicer for this recipe because parsley is savory. JELL-O ® puddings come in lots of different flavors and they are colorful too. This pistachio mousse makes a light and refreshing dessert. The pistachio flavor is unusual and the Cool Whip adds a wonderful creaminess. If you like dessert recipes with pudding, you will really like this one.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32441 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17617 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10603 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)