Quick and Easy Banana Mousse
If you are looking for a tasty dessert that you can make in five minutes, look no further. This delicious banana mousse is really easy to make and will be ready in a few minutes. You just need a blender and five tall serving glasses. This is the perfect dessert to make for last minute guests or if you end up having more guests than you had planned on. If you would prefer a milkshake, simply swap the cream for milk and you can drink the mousse rather than eating it.
You might like to throw some other fruit in. Canned peaches, berries and kiwi fruit all go well with the banana flavor. Fruit mousses, which contain fresh fruit, are very healthy and if you are interested in eating well but still making sure you have tasty food, mousse recipes are well worth looking into because they really fit the bill. Bananas are really healthy. They contain a lot of potassium, which is important for healthy bones, as well as vitamins B6 and C and manganese. They are high in dietary fiber also and make a wonderful snack for sportsmen. Bananas are creamy, sweet, and rich and appeal to everyone from infants to the elderly.
The banana nut cereal in the following banana mousse recipe adds a nutty flavor and the Baileys is an optional ingredient but it does transform this mousse de banana into an adults-only dessert and it adds a touch of indulgence. Obviously, you can leave out the Baileys if you are making this dessert for kids or for a mixed group of people.
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 package banana instant pudding
- ½ cup banana nut wholegrain cereal flakes
- 1 ½ tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream (optional)
- Chop the bananas into thick slices and put all the slices except 5 in the blender.
- Add the cereal flakes and instant pudding, and then pour in the milk and cream.
- Add the Baileys if you are using it.
- Whip the mixture until it is smooth and fluffy, and then pour it into 5 serving glasses. Decorate each glass with a slice of banana.
This deliciously light and airy mousse is like a very thick milkshake. You can see from the photo that it is possible to drink it with a straw, like a fruit shake. This delicious banana mousse is very easy to make and you can either serve it in glass dishes with spoons or in long, tall glasses. A simple slice of banana is all you need for the garnish. Remember that banana goes brown when it is exposed to the air, so serve this banana mousse right away to keep the garnish looking fresh.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (50831 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32492 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18636 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17668 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13856 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10679 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9878 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9526 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9062 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8625 Views)