Recipe Cottage Cheese Mousse with a Dark Chocolate Ganache
If you like elaborate dessert recipes, which are not too difficult to make, you will enjoy this recipe. Gelatin cottage cheese might be an unusual idea but it gives just the right amount of creaminess to make a tasty mousse recipe. A lot of cottage cheese recipes are savory. This one however is sweet and really flavorful.
The chocolate ganache layer might look complicated but it is so easy to make the spider web design. You simply melt dark chocolate, pipe some white chocolate rings over it and use a toothpick to pull the white chocolate through the dark chocolate. If you wanted to make a dark colored mousse, you could do the chocolate the other way around and have dark chocolate rings on a white chocolate ganache.
This dessert is best served in wide, shallow bowls, so you can see the ganache properly and so it sets faster. The lemon gelatin used in the cottage cheese mousse gives it a citrus flavor and a nice consistency. The mousse is thick enough to pipe into rosette shapes and these set more firmly as the gelatin sets. Serve this cottage cheese dessert recipe ice cold.
- 12 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 2 packages lemon gelatin, 3 oz each
- Put the chopped dark chocolate in a mixing bowl.
- Bring 1 ¼ cups of the heavy cream almost to a boil, then pour it over the dark chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract too.
- Melt the white chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave on a low heat, stirring it every minute.
- Put it in a pastry bag.
- Pour the dark chocolate mixture into 8 shallow bowls, then pipe the melted white chocolate into 3 circles over the dark chocolate.
- Starting off in the center, use a toothpick to drag through the chocolate, towards the outside edge. Do this every inch or 2, until you have a spider web effect.
- Put the bowls in the refrigerator for an hour to set, while you make the cottage cheese mousse. Beat the remaining heavy cream into soft peaks.
- Beat the cottage cheese until it is smooth, and then add the gelatin powder to it. Pour in the whipped cream and put this mixture into a piping bag.
- Pipe 5 rosette shapes on to each plate of chocolate ganache and chill these desserts for 2 hours before serving.
Some photos just make you think “wow” and this cottage cheese mousse photo does just that. It might surprise you to read the recipe and find out just how easy this lemon mousse and chocolate ganache recipe is to make. This is a dessert, which looks stunning and tastes amazing. If you are looking for a mousse recipe that will impress your dinner guests, this recipe is ideal. You can make it a few hours ahead and keep it in the refrigerator. You can be creative when making the striped ganache layer but do not worry about making it look absolutely perfect. This dessert will taste great however your chocolate layer comes out.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32444 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9033 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)