Strawberry Flavor Fluffy Gelatin Dessert with Chocolate
This appetizing strawberry gelatin dessert is made with fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and sugar. The chocolate wafers and chocolate syrup add another flavor to this delicious and fluffy gelatin dessert. You can either use chocolate wafers, chocolate candies, or any other kind of chocolate you like to decorate this strawberry gelatin mousse recipe. Feel free to decorate this fluffy dessert however you want to. If you have a lot of berries to use up, you can use those. Maybe you are growing your own strawberries or raspberries, in which case they will make a great garnish for this strawberry gelatin mousse.
Feel free to use fresh blackberries or fresh raspberries in place of the fresh strawberries if you prefer. This gelatin mousse recipe will be just as tasty with any of those. Obviously, it will be a different color if you use blackberries but still will look very appetizing. This is a very simple fluffy gelatin dessert and it is easy to make, but it looks really elaborate and special. It is best to arrange the mousse and chocolate layers, as well as the fresh berry topping, just before serving, although you can keep the mousse in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve this strawberry gelatin dessert.
This dessert is great after any kind of meal and kids love it as much as adults do. You can easily double the quantities if you have more than four people to serve. If you are looking for quick and easy gelatin recipes, you might like to consider making this juicy strawberry gelatin dessert. It is always popular because of the fresh strawberries giving it a wonderfully fruity flavor.
- 1 quart whipped cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ¼ package strawberry gelatin
- 8 square chocolate wafers
- Fresh berries, to garnish
- Wash and hull the strawberries, then sprinkle the sugar over them and let them stand for an hour.
- Mash them, and then rub them through a sieve. Dissolve the gelatin in the hot water, and then stir in the cold water.
- Add the gelatin to the mashed strawberries and leave the mixture to thicken in the refrigerator.
- Fold in the whipped cream, then chill the mousse for 3 hours or until it is set.
- Put a chocolate wafer on each of 4 serving plates and drizzle chocolate sauce over the whole plate.
- Top the wafers with a scoop of strawberry mousse, then another wafer and finally another scoop of strawberry mousse.
- Garnish the desserts with fresh berries.
This is an impressive looking dessert but, like with many of our gelatin recipes, it is not difficult at all to make. The strawberry mousse is made and then left to set. Then you construct the dessert with chocolate wafers, scoops of gelatin mousse and a few berries. The combination of chocolate and strawberries is heavenly and nobody will be able to resist this appealing dessert. If you are looking for a recipe for a fluffy gelatin dessert or a homemade strawberry mousse recipe, why not give this delicious strawberry gelatin dessert a try? The flavors are amazing together.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49942 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13829 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10609 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9481 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8540 Views)