Strawberry Whip Cream Dessert Mousse
This is a delicious gelatin dessert and if you are a fan of easy dessert recipes you will find it quick and simple to make. This strawberry whip cream gelatin dessert can be made with regular gelatin or sugar-free strawberry gelatin and the result will taste the same. You can also use sugar-free Cool Whip or unsweetened fresh whipped cream if you are really watching your weight.
You might like to garnish each dessert glass with a fresh strawberry or a dusting of chocolate powder, or even both. This gelatin dessert makes a great finish after a rich, heavy meal because it is light, fruity, and full of flavor. Everyone likes mousse and homemade mousse recipes are much nicer than commercial ones.
Although this dessert looks a bit like a beverage, it is a dessert because it is allowed to set. The gelatin helps it to set nice and soft, yet firm enough to eat with a spoon. You can make adjustments to the recipe if you want, trying a different flavor of gelatin, or using raspberries instead of the strawberries. As long as you stick with fruity gelatin mixes and similar fruits the recipe will turn out great.
- 1 package (4 serving size) strawberry gelatin
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip topping
- 1 cup ice cubes or crushed ice
- 1½ cups finely chopped or mashed fresh strawberries
- 12 fresh strawberries, for garnish
- Combine the gelatin with the boiling water until it has dissolved, then add the ice, and stir well.
- Add the strawberries and half of the whipped topping and stir again.
- Spoon this mixture into 6 serving glasses and refrigerate them for a couple of hours until firm.
- Top with the remaining cool whip and serve chilled with some fresh strawberries on the side, as a garnish.
As the photo shows, these pink-colored strawberry mousses look really tempting. They are the perfect dessert if you have served a heavy meal, because they are light and refreshing, rather than too filling or heavy. Strawberries feature in many dessert recipes because they are so universally well-loved. You can see from the picture how serving this dessert in tall glasses gives it an elegant gourmet look, but you could use wine glasses or martini glasses instead for this strawberry whip cream dessert. This is a recipe you will want to make again and again, because it is so simple yet so good.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32441 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13827 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8534 Views)