Vanilla Praline Mousse with Raspberries
Praline is a mixture of pecans, sugar, and butter and, in this praline mousse recipe, the praline mixture is sprinkled over the top for a crunchy topping. The mousse itself is made with vanilla pudding, raspberries, and spices and this is a really flavorful mousse, blending fruit, nuts, and cream for a rich yet fruity dessert.
You could use walnuts instead of pecans, if you prefer them, but then it would not technically be a praline mousse any more. Sometimes almonds are used to make praline so you could try a mixture of almonds and pecans if you want to. Use either fresh or thawed raspberries in this vanilla praline mousse recipe. The fruitiness of the raspberries is so good with the other flavors in this dessert. They also add a splash of color.
This is a delicious gelatin recipe and one that is very easy to make. You can double up on the pecan mixture if you like, since this nutty topping is good sprinkled over all kinds of desserts, including ice cream, fresh fruit or other kinds of mousse.
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 packages vanilla instant pudding
- ½ pint raspberries
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Beat the raspberries, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and dry pudding mix with a wire whisk for a couple of minutes.
- The mixture will get very thick.
- Stir in the thawed Cool Whip gently, then divide the mixture between 10 dessert glasses and chill it for 4 hours.
- Toss the pecans with the sugar and butter and store them at room temperature, in a tightly covered container.
- Just before serving the praline mousse, sprinkle the nut mixture over the top.
Vanilla Chiffon Chocolate Mousse Cake Video Recipe
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49942 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13829 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10610 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9481 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8540 Views)