Whipped Strawberry Mousse Recipe
This light, fluffy gelatin dessert is actually a really easy strawberry mousse recipe. The ingredients are gelatin, water, cream and strawberries and you can choose from fresh strawberries or frozen ones. If you are using frozen ones, thaw them fully and drain all excess water off before you use them in the strawberry mousse recipe. Thawed strawberries do have a similar flavor to fresh ones and since you are pureeing the strawberries in the following strawberry mousse recipe you could use frozen ones if you wanted to. Fresh strawberries are better for fruit-topped cake recipes and garnishes because they are firmer and look better. Thawed ones always look a bit mushy.
You might not have thought about using gelatin in whipped dessert recipes before but there are various ways you can whip gelatin to make a fluffy gelatin dessert. You can make normal gelatin, let it set and then beat it with an electric beater until it is fluffy and doubled in volume. Alternatively, like in the following strawberry mousse recipe, you can combine it with pureed fruit and whipped cream, so the gelatin gives the flavor of strawberries to the mousse and also gives it a firmer consistency than it would otherwise have.
If you have tried strawberry mousse cake or something with a strawberry mousse filling before, you will enjoy the delicious flavor and texture of this strawberry mousse recipe. Not only is it easy to make but it tastes fresh, light and delicious too.
- 3 oz package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup fresh strawberries or 5 oz frozen strawberries
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water, and then stir in the ice cubes.
- Stir for 3 minutes or until the gelatin is thick, then discard any unmelted ice cubes.
- Puree the strawberries in a food processor or push them through a fine sieve, then stir them into the gelatin mixture.
- Fold in the whipped cream and divide the mixture between 4 serving glasses.
- You might want to use a piping bag to pipe the mixture in, rather than spooning it in, for the piped effect.
- Chill the gelatin mousses for an hour, then garnish each one with 3 maraschino cherries and serve.
Although this strawberry mousse recipe is very simple, the flavor of the mousse is excellent. Using fresh fruit in gelatin desserts is always a great idea because it adds a wonderful fruitiness. You will not find this strawberry mousse filling so use medium or big dessert glasses unless you have having a huge dinner first. Perhaps you have used strawberry mousse in another recipe like in strawberry mousse cake or strawberry mousse topped gelatin. This delicious dessert is light, refreshing, and so easy to make. If you like easy gelatin recipes and you have some fresh strawberries, make this wonderful fluffy gelatin dessert and you will not be disappointed.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)